Style Question - Brutini Boots

Joker

Wellies, in his "The Return of Men's High-Heeled Shoes?" thread mentioned that Giorgio Brutini made taller, cuban-heeled boots for men. Granted "taller" is really just compared to men's shoes in general, and not high heels, as Brutini's cuban heels are in the 1.5-2.5" neighborhood. I was intrigued, so I looked in to them.

I've been weaing heels for my entire adult life, but not openly, just around the house, like many of the guys on this site. I'm still too chicken to wear what society deems "women's shoes" out in public. Now that I've looked at some of the styles that Giorgio Brutini offers, I'm thinking they might be a good way to slowly work higher heels into part of my normal wardrobe.

I'm not quite sure how to link in pictures here, yet, so I'll just post the URLs over to Zappos of a few different pairs that I like, and am contemplating purchasing.

Here's my quandry. I consider myself somewhat style-illiterate, and I'm looking to at least try to learn. I'd like to keep my overall dress style reasonably masculine, without drifing too far towards the dandy end of the spectrum. I respect the guys who go for the dandy look, but it ain't me. I'm just kind of trying to figure out how the snakeskin boots could coordinate in to an outfit.

While I like the look of the two snakeskin boots, the overall shiny-ness of the color seems to make it, in my mind, more of a dress boot, only. I don't know how it could work in to casual attire.

Also, and perhaps this is an unfortunate preconception of mine, but it seems to me that the reptile leathers in Brutini's style of footwear are primarily chosen by black men that prefer very fancy, very flashy attire that often straddles the boundary between "looking good" and "pimp." I don't think I could quite pull off the "pimp" look.

I'm a 6'0" tall caucasian guy, and at 230lbs, so I have a bit of a spare tire that I could afford to lose, but haven't. The flat leathers, I'd feel pretty confident, coordinating, but the skins have me puzzled. Would y'all have any suggestions of how to work the snakeskin boots into something casual that looks good and doesn't scream "off duty pimp"?

I appreciate the tips, y'all.

post-10137-133522855404_thumb.jpg

post-10137-133522855405_thumb.jpg

post-10137-133522855406_thumb.jpg

post-10137-133522855408_thumb.jpg