High Heeled Training Diary #40

Laurieheels

Snow. Sure, it's pretty to look at, and it can be fun. On a Sunday, maybe... But during the week, snow is never fun. Congestion on the roads as commuters forget how to drive and chaos ensues. Cold weather limiting what one can wear, requiring more bundling up, and generally ruining my enjoyment of the outdoors. With that... Monday still had nice weather, so black stockings and black velvet stilettos were a good idea. I wore them about ten hours that day, well, maybe closer to eleven. Tuesday was warmer, much warmer, and to enjoy that, I decided a short green wrap around skirt and bare legs would look great with a white blouse and the black velvet stilettos. I was quite right about that, and the day was a very good one. Comfortable and enjoying the last of the nice weather. Wednesday, the weather was sunny but a bit cool. I had the day off (which I hate, mid week days off) and decided to go for jeans and my black ankle boots. There was a lot of running around that day, it was quite hectic. But I put in at least ten hours with those four and a quarter inch heels. Thursday it was getting colder, and I went for black stockings and the black velvet stilettos again. Friday, well, I decided to go with my Reeboks, See, the weather was awful. Miserable. Thursday brought snow, and Friday was cold. I took my mother to the doctor in the morning (she needed an inhaler and some anti-biotics, colds go into her chest very fast). and rushed off for my later shift at work. Runners were the only practical thing to wear, and the weather just ended up worse as the day progressed. Saturday found me wearing an old pair of black lace up shoes, no heel, just good treads for walking on ice and snow. I worked in my own office, and I needed to walk to work. It's been a month since I had any real exercise. It hasn't started to show yet, but Christmas is coming... I noticed that my feet were not happy Friday and Saturday, with a bit of pain in the arch Friday after work. Now, cold can cause a few aches and pains, and arthritis, but this seemed different. I am sure my feet are not happy when I am out of heels for too long, and show it by having problems. It's not debilatating, and it doesn't mean I'll wear heels all of the time, but it does mean I should wear them when I can. Sunday, being today, is nothing to spectacular. I'll wear some heels at home tonight, just to make sure my feet stay happy. But my feet are cold, so who knows. Weather. Go figure. Well, that's #40 and I am still writing. I may not be going higher any time soon, mainly because I'm going to need money for Christmas (and a dress for parties). Shoes, if any, will need to be practical, five inch heels or so should do it for being on my feet at a party.

Shoes, if any, will need to be practical, five inch heels or so should do it for being on my feet at a party.

Practical five inch heels?!? You're definitely a high-heeled goddess!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Well, yes, they are practical, I can do a lot in them. Four inch heels are the athletic height for me, I have run in them, though I am sure I don't look like a sprinter when I try it. Hey, after some time, with the right shoes, a girl can do anything. Just ask Chris...

Hey, after some time, with the right shoes, a girl can do anything.

Just ask Chris...

This could be expanded to include some other genders, just ask any Euro Heel meet participant...

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Well, yes, they are practical, I can do a lot in them. Four inch heels are the athletic height for me, I have run in them, though I am sure I don't look like a sprinter when I try it.

Hey, after some time, with the right shoes, a girl can do anything.

Just ask Chris...

Perhaps I should ask someone less obviously biased :lol:

But I can do quite a lot in my 4" heels too, and I'm just wondering how to move to 5". But then, I don't think I see myself on the street in 5", so I don't know when that'll happen.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

less obviously biased? He's the only one who gets to see the extent of what I do! He'll be honest, because he has nothing to hide and no reason to lie about what I do in heels.

I said "less obviously biased" as a reference to the fact that the two of you are going out, that's all. It was a gentle tease that didn't work over the web, I guess.

Not that he'll tell everything, I'm sure. :(

I'm sure too. But I'm looking forward to your further adventures. And if you can wash a car in heels, then there's really nothing stopping you :lol:

Laurieheels; Do they use salt on the sidewalks where you live? If so, do you have to contend with salt stains on your heels ? Patent shoes are easy to clean. But what about your velvet pumps ?

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

A previous post mentioned doing things in heels, or something like. Heres todays observations: I was walking through my home town this afternoon when I happened to note the shoe delivery truck was making a delivery to a shoe shop. The truck driver was passing the boxes a girl to in a mini skirt and 3" block heels who was transporting the shoes to the store. She was using a sack barrow at the the time, but it really looked good - Hope the hosiery stood up to the task. Now if they only issued us drivers with similar shoes instead of the steel toecaps I have to wear - not sure about the miniskirt though -could be a bit draughty in the cab.

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

A miniskirt can show too much when sitting down, but in the cab of a truck, who would be high enough to notice? Still, manly legs need a manly outfit, so... And as for Hoverfly's Payless comment... nuh uh. The stores in the malls can provide some fodder at decent prices and some style and height. So I might as well start there if I can afford it, and leave out Payless.