Home made ballet heels

Avtomat

• 2 months later...

I apologize for making this reply is so late. I made a pair from my old ankle ninja boots fastened to a wooden form cut out in the shape of ballet boot's sole/heel. I wore these as practice boots until my ballet ankle boots arrived. I duct taped these on my feet to make them tight. They worked sort of, I learned to walk/stand for over an hour in these. I have been thinking about making some steel sole/heel boots like Pata has in her post. You can read how I modified my ballet boots in my other posts.

Dr Who: I've actually seen something similer on tv, if you can belive it. Saw a program about foot binding in China, they mentioned a playhouse where teen boys were used to play the female roles. In order to simulate bound feet they had shoes much like you described. One former actor said they had to wear them for at least 10-12 hours a day, essentially walking in ballet heels. Unfortunatly I saw the show before I had a DVR. Dang

(formerly known as "JimC")

That's very intresting Jimc. I cobbled ( please for give the pun)the ninja boots into ballets because I couldn't wait till the Devious ankle boots arrived. I couldn't wait to see if I could walk/stand in this kind of shoe. It was kind of brutal but it did get my ankles/legs familiar with what it would take to manage the ballets. It's still a challange but I'm up to 2 hr. walking and standing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, home made, or made at work when nobody is there to asked questions, don't matter. I made thies ballet mules from stainless steal. 1) made the toe cups and standing base from 2 mm plate well fitted over my feed. 2) a plate as foot sole L+R with extra peace under the plate for extra strongness. 3) 3, 2 cm width bands to support the angle and a 1/2 cirkle to hold them together arround the angle 4) welled all the peaces together and make the finish off. Later on I made a scrowhole for a removable heel, not on thies pics to see. And I feel that the toecups are very hard on the font of the feet. This was the hardes part to make, in a bow and poined shaped. Perhaps a little to narrow to get some lining in and toe support. This was a kind of fantasie from a story on the side of "thndrshrk" where a master scrow out the heels of the balletshoes the lady was wearing standing bound to the bedpost as sleeping place for the night. Practical that was not fun, 8 hours on your toes and little other support. But in the story, fantasy can do a lot. I hope thie pics give a idea how it's look like. With some leather cuffs I fit the ankle band to my legs. enjoy thies heeless ballet muiles a3

post-2077-133522853781_thumb.jpeg

post-2077-133522853785_thumb.jpg

post-2077-133522853788_thumb.jpeg