Carrie Bradshaw of Men?

CassieJ

You see it in TV and movies all the time. Songs on the radio, in the pages of novels and magazines. A certain percentage of women "love" heels and shoes. It is totally acceptable for a woman to have a shoe fetish. Sex in the City made it a plotline. Why is it society cannot understand that, just as a certain percentage of women are in love with heels, a certain percentage of men will feel the same? I cannot explain what it is about them but I am facinated, distracted by, enamored, insert your own verb, by the sight of a woman in heels. People collect things they are interest in...coins, models, stamps...and shoes! Why is it when a man wants to collect (and wear) something as beautiful as a well designed high heel, it is considered strange? It's a shoe that will fit the foot of a woman or man just the same. Why are men relegated to dull design and choice of 2 black, blue or brown in our shoes? Sorry if this has been discussed before. I am just really tired of the state of men's fashion. Everything is a slight change to pants, shorts, shirts or jackets. Women have skirts, dresses, various tops, leggings, belts scarfs and cinchers, corsets, stockings, makeup, and more. They can even wear men's clothes without a second look from society. Talk about the duller sex (fashion wise). I am a shoe-aholic (heels only). I love women's shoes. Why is this wrong? (I don't think it is) CJ

You sound like I used to before I went public. I got so frustrated with the whole thing about why can't I wear what I want, like heels in public that I started doing that very thing. Guess what? I found out that nobody really cares and have had nothing but fun since. Just do it. It's not wrong and there is absolutely nothing wrong with you. So what if someone else doesnt like what your wearing. It's their problem , not yours and besides for every one who doesn't agree that men shouldn't wear heels, there are a million who really don't care and that many more who support it. Feel better now?

real men wear heels

Well said, Johnie. CassieJ, you are right. Women can wear whatever they like, have a much wider range of things to wear, and quite frankly, make men's things look rather boring. It's a free country, but while women wear men's things with nary a batted eye, the converse doesn't always hold true. But it's getting better. I've figured out it depends a lot on how you present yourself. If you're sheepish about it, folks will give you grief, but if you act confident and act like it's no big deal, they probably won't bug you. Most folks wouldn't care either way, and if they do stare, who cares? I know I'd probably look if I saw a guy wearing heels, but I'd probably offer a compliment since I wear them myself! Nothing wrong with a guy wearing heels. Maybe some of us are tired of the ho-hum, seen-one-you've-seen-them-all shoes that guys have. What's important is you wear something that YOU want to wear, and who cares if someone else thinks it looks strange?

• 11 months later...

Right on Cassie I couldn't agree with you more! Jonnie is also right just put them on and go most people don't care what you are wearing and if they do it's their problem if they don't like what they see I say look th other way. I could be a Carrie B. as much as I love shoes especially the heels.

Excellent posts guys, and I concur completely with what Johnieheel says. Just put on a co-ordinated out-fit with heels and go out and never mind what the dim-wits say or do. Just do it. Have fun and enjoy you heels in public. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!