New to Ballet Boots

Hello I'm DR Who 3. I'm glad I found this site so I can discuss one of my latest endevors. I have been in trigued with ballet boots since I saw them on Gothic shoe sites. I became more intrested when I saw a Gerrman video about them and decided to challenge my self to be able to walk in them. I don't were high heel shoes other than cowboy boots. To honest I think high heel shoes look better on ladies feet and legs than mens. Sorry Guys. But that is how I see it. Women have moore curves. With that said I don't know what gets me about the ballets other than the challange to be able to manover around in them well. There is a member named Pata from Germany who has mastered walking in them also Jim and I hope to be able to do as well as them. I have ordered a pr.from e-bay but until they arrive I have been prracticing on a homemade pr.8) that I made from Ninja boots. I cut a wooden sole and fasrtened them to the boots with screws but due to the rubber sole of the Ninja boots I have to duct tape them to my feet. I'll keep you updated.

Welcome and good luck with the ballet boots. I have tried them a couple of times and they are pretty difficult. Heels do look better on women, but then so do most things. I think men have to make the best of it 8)

Thanks for the reply Fire Fox. I had an opperrtunity to practice in my homemade ballet boots want to bs this weekend. I still have a lot of troubble keeping my knees straight this puts a lot of strain on my upper leg muscles but it's a good work out. Ballance is getting better also. Can't wait for my real bb-boots to arrive. I think I'll have to cut some of the heel off in order to walk in them. Again thanks for the reply DR WHO 3.

DO NOT CUT ANY OF THE HEEL OFF!!!! You will change the entire geometry of the boot and the heels will kick under and then bend and the boots will be ruined beyond repair. They are desigend to work with the heel the way it is notwithstanding bent knees etc...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Yes, cutting some heel off will likely make them more difficult to balance. You will fall over backwards. it's not the same as with a normal heel where cutting some off will flatten the angle. With ballet boots the toes are still set vertical no matter what you do to the heel.

This is the 3td.time I have tried to reply to your post I hope it works this time. I have been adjusting the homemade boots heel toe relationship and I have them where I can walk and stand in them quite wel. I plan to make the following modifications to my new boots. 1 add a ss.steel or carbon fiber gusset between the heel and sole in the shape of a spider web 2 add the L shaped steel insert in the toe box. Thanks for your replys and and suggestions.

My new bboots still haven't arrived. Possibly by wed, this week. I doned my duct tape homade boots yesterday for a walk about and I made an addition. I screwed 2 lag bolts to the bottom of the heels to see what it would be like walking in heels like the bboots I'm getting. What a rude awakening my ankels were flopping all over so I took the screws out and was able to walk for aprox. 45 min. Now I have a real problem. The wooden sole/heel I made is 1 1/2'' wide and is quite stable. I think the spike heel is :smile: going to set me back a while. Any suggestions out there? Please reply with some advice.