Completely obsessed with heels

luckyguy

A little background. So I live in manhattan. I have a size 14 women's shoe size, so it's tough to find designer heels. anyway... Everywhere I walk I notice toes & heels.. and I mean everywhere, it's almost ridiculous. My eyes are darting every which way (trying not to gawk), but I notice & immediately judge whether the toes (& heels) are pretty and how it effects the woman/man... When I see a woman (pretty or not) with fantastic feet, perfectly manicured toes & gorgeous heels, I feel I little twing in my stomach... either I want to date that person or I want to have feet/toes/heels like that and be able to go out. I can't figure out whether it's envy, or desire, or just voyeurism... probably everything at the same time. I have grown to love my feet (not that I hated them, I just took less care of them & never painted my toes)... but I know I will never have dainty toes/feet that are hairless and be able to wear those amazing designer heels that I want. I'm not unhappy though, just obsessed with heels.

You can always improve your feet. Take care of the skin at the heels to keep it from drying and cracking. Get an epilator and pluck out the hairs (better than shaving - yeah, it hurts the first time, but after that, never). Get pedicures and have your feet professionally cared for. See a podiatrist for any serious problems. Your feet are important functionally as well as appearance, so give them all the attention they deserve. GWL

I do most of those things (plucking, care, pomace stone, moisturizer), short of getting pedicures professionally, mainly because I like doing them myself (and I'm good at it)... I just feel envious that i can't buy any type of heel I want, because of size issues. And also I'm extremely attracted to great looking feet.. nothing new to this forum 8)

Luckyguy- Women's 14 is not so bad for shoes and boots, though it is almost impossible to find the usual name brands. Pleaser Shoes has many, many styles of shoes and boots, some up to 14 and some up to 16. Check their web site. Other brands also go up to 14, but often only in the "sexier" styles, particularly platforms. You can get many of them through Snaz75 or BeverlyHeels, for example. eBay is also a good place to see what is out there.

Chris, I agree with you. Epilating for the first time is agony. The problem is that you only did it once and, I presume, gave up. The secret to epilating is to get through that first time. You are, after all, trying to pluck out hairs that have been fondly attached to your skin all your life. It really stings and can make the most macho guy cringe with pain. Ice can help quite a bit to relieve the pain, which is only momentary, but still agonizing. But once you get over that initial time, it's smooth sailing from there. And smooth skin, too! No more stubble in a day or two as with shaving. You can go a week or three without maintenance. And when the hairs grow back, they're finer and much less attached than that first time, so they easily pluck out and epilating causes no subsequent pain. Your skin not only feels smooth, it looks better, because dark stubble doesn't show up against pale skin. True, epilating takes a bit longer than shaving, but the results are so much better! It's worth it. GWL

interesting ^^.. I have epliated my entire legs once, and it was excruciating... but I did notice easier regrowth... my only issue is lots of ingrown hairs = lots of red unsightly sensitive bumps = can't epilate or shave that area = different levels of regrowth on different parts of the leg & butt.. plus it takes me soooooooo long to remove hair, no matter what method. Thick roots, lots of it, and lots of surface area (even though I'm skinny). It is a daily ritual though. to BobHH: Not to sound unappreciative, but I have maxed out the Ellie, Pleaser, Highest Heel, snaz, beverlyheel, amazon, zappos catalogs! I have about 14 pairs that I've settled on (I intend to post some of my pics), but I have pretty much EVERY style of opentoed sandal, pump & thigh high boot that are in size 14-15. Lots of pairs that I bought without trying on, ended up killing my toes, so I had to donate them... All the ones that I liked & fit me, I own. What I'd love are some aldo peep-toe slingbacks in green with a wooden heel. Or ANY designer ones. Right now, I'm trying to find wedge (or 1.5 inch heel) thong sandals in size 14 but they don't exist. I'm contemplating going for a size 13, what's everyone's opinion?

Hi GWL You're right, I tried the epilator on one spot and never again! It was when I was shaving my legs and had been toying with the idea of having them waxed for exactly the reasons you said. I gave up shaving at the start of the year when I met my GF working on the principle that I was probably giving her enough to deal with with the heels! While I do sometimes miss it, it's so much easier now I don't have to bother. I only shave my feet for practical reasons, I find socks push the hair back on itself and it gets painful after a few hours. As it happens it did come up in conversation a couple of weeks back and she said that she wouldn't mind if I wanted to go back to shaving, but I don't know if I want the hassle of doing it. Chris