pumps and culture..

pumpedup

I am wondering about pumps and the different cultures in the world. Do American women wear pumps more often? Do British women? Do Asian women, or European women, or women of any other culture wear pumps more than usual? Ok if not pumps, then how about any ladies' shoe?! I've always had this notion that British women are very proper. They like to dress really "proper", as i've noticed through my life. They wear hats a lot, and pumps (They call them "court shoes".) I was watching the coverage of the anniversary of Princess Diana's death earlier. I should have been video recording it, because there were some really nice shots of women wearing pumps. VERY nice pumps! Of course Diana herself was a very classy dresser. I would have loved to raid her closet for some of her pumps!

Problem with Diana's shoes is that while they were always super-feminine, the heels weren't ever very high. they appeared never to be more than 2½" high at the highest. (she was tall and slender, though)

Well, I would think that a pair of 2" heels would have gotten her up to about 6' and a pair of 5" heels would have made her around 2 meters tall. :unsure:8)

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels