Gricing in UK

Since there has been talk of railways and anoraks, I thought I best open a thread here to continue mulling over our copies of Locoshed and wondering what's in our sandwiches before the next train arrives. Last weekend was fairly interesting here in Kettering as we has light engine workings from EWS 66's, 37's and 60's. Also the Balffour Beattie class 121 survey railcar came haring through, lights blazing. The highlight of the day was Deltic D9000 running through at high speed. She rounded the southern curve and opened her regulator to clear the clag before accelerating throught the station in full song. I've never seen Jackie so interested in a diesel before. Now she is breaking with her tradition of steam only, she wants a model of that Deltic !! She saw a 4MT tank over a year ago, she got the model. She the Ducchess last December, she's got the model and now the Deltic. I don't get it, she's never seen an A1X Terrier, but she's got 6 models of them ! Anyway back to the real thing, I shall be out gricing on platform 9 before meeting the crew at New Street and I'll ensure that my cameras batteries are fully charged :smile: If anyone spots anything of interest, tell us. We like to know stock movements :grin:

Well, as I've already said I shall be out at a model train convention all day on Saturday but looking forward to the fetish fair on Sunday. Strange assortment of interests really, but then so what....

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

• 2 weeks later...

only like me, model railway exhibition on 12th and 13th, weekend after heely meeting :grin: only problem with the exhibition is that it's for railways and not heels, so I'll have to wear 3" heels those days :grin: don't want the public paying more attention to my feet now, do we? :grin: anyway last week saw another piece of preserved traction come hurtling through Kettering. Well, two actually! A pair of blue 50's (hoovers) on a railtour. Lovely sight, but now the wife wants a model of a 50 as well :grin: she's becoming a diesel convert :smile:

I think the average 'trainspotter' doesn't know that 'platform' has any other meaning than the thing he uses to board a train :smile: Trains, the railway frontier. These are the voyagers of the Virgin Voyager. Their mission: to boldly go where a car can beat them to it.