High Heeled Training Diary #32

Laurieheels

My computer suffered that dreaded fate we all fear. The reformat. It does have me back on the internet at my own computer, but I am missing a number of programs, MP3s and my writing is gone, as well as many web camrea pictures. There is a sense of loss, but also a sense of excitement at being able to rebuild what I had. Shoes, let's talk about shoes. Monday was a black velvet day. The heel tips were starting to go on these shoes, but I wore them all day anyway, a nice sharp metallic clicling echoed across the foyer when I cut across it during my day. After work, it was off to pick up my two pairs of patents from the repair, and it was like a reunion with old friends. I was into one pair right away, and I left the velvets for a fitting of new tips. Tuesday I decided to dress for the weather a bit, as it was warm. And I was walking to work that day. My four inch black patent sandals, a short black skirt, light blue tank top and black short sleeved dress jacket. This was matched with metallic blue poilish for finger and toe nails. I was very pleased with the look. Wednesday meant that with the black patents being mine again, I had to wear them. And that is what I did! The tips needed a good day at work, walking around and being worn down a bit, to remove the too smooth surface on the bottom of the rubber. It worked out well, and I wore them for at least ten hours that day. It was also the day of the boots.... Thanks to Firefox who managed to work some magic, I ended up with a wonderful pair of leather boots. Lace up ankle boots, pointy toe, four and a quarter inch heel. They are great. Thursday was a day off. So four inch black sandals were the order of the day, and in the afternoon, with one of my sisters and my mother, a walk in one of the many communities in Calgary. We had gone for a great lunch, then over to an area where there are many antique and knick knack shops. I walked around in the four inch heels without any problems as we took our time exploring the small shops and stopping for coffee in a Harley themed diner. Work had a department meeting that night, with pizza provided. I had made rice krispie squares the night before, while wearing the boots, mind you, and everyone loved them. I did not change into the boots for the Thursday night meeting, however, it was just too hot outside. Friday had me back at work, and I decided it was a day for boots. I had these new boots and I wanted to wear them! So I walked to work in them, wore them all day, even with my bruised toe hurting, and I wore them for the walk home. I had them off for an hour, and then, back on to go out to dinner at our club. Danish Canadian Clubm not some disco palace. I wore the boots for maybe fourteen hours that day. My feet were tired, and my bruised toe was not happy. But after a night of sleep, my feet felt fine, and Saturday I decided I would drive to work (it was cold!) and wear these wonderful leather boots with a long black skirt, a light blue t-shirt and a black sweater. It was a casual yet stylish look for work that day. My feet felt fine all day. My friend Chris came around to visit me at lunch (this is what I get for having friends who are also customers, they can find me any time) and we hung out and relaxed, which was a nice break from that really busy day I was having. It was grunt day as I call it, sitting and taking payments, being more of a sales agent than my normal problem solver self. It was one of those days where I thought I could leave early, and then some problem for the company owner came up (seems he was refitting his condo with equipment and could not get his digital services to get a certain financial channel) so it was Laurie to stay late and fix everything. I am so glad I drove. Today is Sunday, and likely I'll wear the boots again, on a quick trip to the grocery store for a few provisions. My dear sister is sick, and living with her means I am going to take care of her. At times like these, I wish I had a nurse's outfit, or at least the hat. I do have the white stiletto pumps for it... It was a great week. I mean, boots, dinner with family, lunch with friends, and everyone loves it when I make treats for dessert. Life is good. I might actually be popular one of these days...

It was also the day of the boots.... Thanks to Firefox who managed to work some magic, I ended up with a wonderful pair of leather boots. Lace up ankle boots, pointy toe, four and a quarter inch heel. They are great.

Those boots sound familiar Firefox :grin:

Today is Sunday, and likely I'll wear the boots again, on a quick trip to the grocery store for a few provisions. My dear sister is sick, and living with her means I am going to take care of her. At times like these, I wish I had a nurse's outfit, or at least the hat. I do have the white stiletto pumps for it...

It was a great week. I mean, boots, dinner with family, lunch with friends, and everyone loves it when I make treats for dessert. Life is good. I might actually be popular one of these days...

You'll certainly be very popular on this board when you get the nurses outfit Laurie :smile: Seriously though I hope your sister soon gets better and glad to read that you had a good week.

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

I might be popular on the board, but sometimes being popular in real life means people to be with when hanging out in a pub, and people to join you when having dinner in a restaurant. And just people to be there and share life's memories. I am making cookies as we speak, so we'll see my standing improve a bit more at work, perhaps...

I might be popular on the board, but sometimes being popular in real life means people to be with when hanging out in a pub, and people to join you when having dinner in a restaurant. And just people to be there and share life's memories.

I am making cookies as we speak, so we'll see my standing improve a bit more at work, perhaps...

it can be hard, can't it?

well, stiff upper lip. sometimes, close friends pop up from the most unexpected directions. i met my wife because she was my friend and boss's sister. not a good start, since dating her interferes with friendship and sometimes even work but it's worked out pretty well.

the truth shall make you fret

Well it's pretty hard, sometimes to hard. [...] But I wich I had somebody who cared for me in good and bad times.

Yeah, same here. I'm feeling really cut off as my family is based around the West Country, and my friends are mostly in Hertfordshire. And I'm here, miles from anywhere.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

It's difficult when one is intimidating in a sense. You can imagine that a man would need a great deal of self confidence and an outgoing personality to strike up a conversation with me. Women may be jealous and not wish to befriend me. I cannot say what it is. I just know that sometimes life is a bit lonely. I try, though, I do try.

Well, I like to think that I'm confident and outgoing. Unfortunately I work long hours, and do a lot of travelling, so I'm either not around or too tired to go out and meet people. And, Canada is so far away! But I'm aiming to get a new job, working in one place, so hopefully things will change.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Um, without typing away too much, I think I found someone who sees me for me and likes me for me. He doesn't seem intimidated by the qualities but rather, very interested. But I won't say more right now. I think men are intimidated by both the heels and the personality, and the blonde hair. But I may not care about it anymore. I think that if a man has confidence, then he'll find a way to see the good in those things, but anyone who has self doubts would be intimidated, yes.

Um, without typing away too much, I think I found someone who sees me for me and likes me for me. He doesn't seem intimidated by the qualities but rather, very interested. But I won't say more right now.

I think men are intimidated by both the heels and the personality, and the blonde hair. But I may not care about it anymore. I think that if a man has confidence, then he'll find a way to see the good in those things, but anyone who has self doubts would be intimidated, yes.

I've got my fingers crossed for you!