hippie girl in wooden slides

ascaso1972

• 2 weeks later...

I bought my girlfriend a pair of the cheetaprint Pollys back in the 70's. She found them both flattering and very comfortable. I seem to recall that they were rather expensive at the time, costing something on the order of $50. That would translate into about $250 in today's prices!

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

I bought my girlfriend a pair of the cheetaprint Pollys back in the 70's. She found them both flattering and very comfortable.

From what I've seen of them, they look like they would be very comfortable-- the heavily padded insoles are most noticeable. Also, according to Robyn Michaels, "MOST AUTHENTIC POLLY'S HAVE A NON-SLIP INSERT."

Posted Image

I seem to recall that they were rather expensive at the time, costing something on the order of $50. That would translate into about $250 in today's prices!

Heh... When you put it that way, I suppose the reproductions at Re-Mix Vintage Shoes are a bargain at US$158 for the leopard and ankle-strap models, and $148 for the others. I might like to have a pair for myself-- I'll have to visit Re-Mix's retail location...after I pay off my credit cards following all the boots I wound up buying!:smile:

Many, many moons ago, a girl friend wore a pair of Polly's to Disneyland for a day. She complained at the end of the day that her feet really hurt. I thought they were nice, but never contemplated getting any, as they weren't in my size anyway (nothing was in those days), and they still aren't.

From what I've seen of them, they look like they would be very comfortable-- the heavily padded insoles are most noticeable. Also, according to Robyn Michaels, "MOST AUTHENTIC POLLY'S HAVE A NON-SLIP INSERT."

Heh... When you put it that way, I suppose the reproductions at Re-Mix Vintage Shoes are a bargain at US$158 for the leopard and ankle-strap models, and $148 for the others. I might like to have a pair for myself-- I'll have to visit Re-Mix's retail location...after I pay off my credit cards following all the boots I wound up buying!:smile:

All pricing is relative and it is a rare day when one cannot haggle on the sticker price a bit. But the real question is not so much what the item costs, but rather, what do you get for your money? Those who fork over hard-earned cash for cheap, inferior quality goods only hurt themselves. When I shop at a "dollar store" I know I'm buying cheap, shoddy goods that I expect to use once or twice and then throw away. In many cases, there's no point in spending more.

On the other hand, quality goods do cost more but they last much longer. I have bought leather goods that have lasted me 20 years or more. So whenever I go to make a purchase I weigh everything: money available, price, quality, life expectancy, etc.

Still, inflation is a great evil that makes it difficult to judge true value. Nevertheless, I did buy a car in the middle 70's that cost me about $6000. A comparably equipted new car would cost me about $30,000 today (and probably wouldn't have the quality of the one I bought). :wavey:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Many, many moons ago, a girl friend wore a pair of Polly's to Disneyland for a day. She complained at the end of the day that her feet really hurt.

I think that any kind of heels would hurt, after standing in line all day waiting to get on rides and walking around in that huge place.

I thought they were nice, but never contemplated getting any, as they weren't in my size anyway (nothing was in those days), and they still aren't.

They might not fit on my wide feet either, even though they do come in my length (US 9).

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks, Metalspikes for the tip on the slides by Polly. I've been looking for that style for years. I ordered a red pair from Remix and I'll let everyone know what they are like. They are expensive, $148, but what the hell, I've waited a long time!!!!

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

My slides from Remix arrived. The are incredible, even better than I imagined. The look hot AND they are really comfortable. I wear 10 fem and they fit well in the width and may be a half size longer in length. Still they are what I've been waiting for! They are just like the pic above from Metalspikes except they are in red leather.

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

Cool! So glad you like them. When I've saved up a bit more cash (after having just spent myself into poverty on some gorgeous boots), I will have to drive over to their store and see them for myself. Hah, nothing like buying boots in June, and mules in October...:smile: