Icon images

PJ

I have noticed icon images to the left of all forum and topic names. These icons are circles with either a lock, or letter "i", or a square inside. When I move my cursor over them, I get a message something like NO NEW POSTS, or THIS POST IS LOCKED. As for the icons with the square inside, there are two variations. One has a static square and the other has a dynamic square where it shrinks, gets large, then shrinks and repeats this constantly. I have read through the FAQ and the FORUM AND SITE SPECIFIC ANNOUNCEMENTS forum but could not find any explanation for these icon images. More detailed information would be appreciated for new members like me. PJ

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

I assume that the first two icons you mentioned ("NO NEW POSTS" and "LOCKED") need no explanation. The difference between the "static" and the "dynamic" squares on the topic list: the number of replies posted to the starting post of that topic. If all the replies still fit on one screen page (20 posts on a single screen page), then the square will be "static". If more screen pages are needed, then the square will be "dynamic". Such topics have caused many reactions, and the animated icon will attract your attention to that.

There's also a legend near the bottom of the topics list explaining the icons.

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler