Knut the baby polar bear...

A few years back PBS did a film on two polar bear cubs that were abandoned. They named them Klondike & Snow. Scientists that were caring for the cubs nearly lost one of the cubs (I don't remember which one), but with patience and perseverance they saved them both and later moved the cubs to Sea World. But what I thought was most interesting and touching was learning that polar bears have a very keen sense of smell. Reportedly they can smell prey up to 10 miles away. Well about a year after the bears were given to Sea World one of the original handlers came to visit and see how they were doing. Even though the handler was hidden behind a very thick glass wall, the bears soon detected her scent and came over to the enclosure to investigate. It was quite touching to see. If you get a chance, don't miss the PBS special on Klondike & Snow.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

^ Thanks--totally appreciate the information!;) I was able to find Klondike and Snow VHS tapes. If I can find a DVD I'll buy it.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

• 1 month later...

^ Thanks--totally appreciate the information!;) I was able to find Klondike and Snow VHS tapes. If I can find a DVD I'll buy it.

:o

I don't know who is responsible for the pics in the photobucket albums, but they are dreadful.

I would never put my name to those.

Muddypaws:mecry:

^ photobucket pictures of Knut? I didn't know they existed...and can't wait to see them.

--OR-- photobucket pictures of men in heels (which is a link in my sig)? In which case your response would be non-topical to this discussion about Knut the polar bear and welcome for discussion HERE.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.