inscapable

Hey, yall, it's about time I take the plunge. I grew up on the east coast, family of three, kids that is. My mom was always leaving her heels lying around, so one day I tried them on, felt the rush, and when I grew out of my momma's size, I'd wear my older sisters' heels. When I grew out them, I bought my own. They never thought anythign of it, but one time, like, when I was in eighth grade, and some kids in the neighborhood came over to play soccer, I answered the door in heels, it wasn't cool, know what I'm saying? It took me a month to get over that. Even though I never wore them outside again, the kids always called me names. We finally moved, and none too soon, too. I'm still wearing, but only ine the house. I thought for years, "man, how weird is this," until I did some searching and found this and a few other places which talk about men wearing heels. Do yall really wear them in public? I mean, what's that like? Nobody makes fun of you or nothing? If that's true, then maybe times have changed. It'd be nice to just be myself, but where I live, I don't think it would fly, know what I'm saying? I mean, I've gone out for late nigh walks, but that's it. But if it checks with you, then lay it on me. I'm cool with hearign about it. Some day I might actually take a stroll. Been thinking about it, anyway.

Welcome to the board.

Your story resonated with me and probably with everybody on the board. I was fairly fortunate that I didn't finally grow out of my mum's size til I was 14 and even after that I could still get into her gorgeous stiletto sandals. I had no older sister though so I had to wait until I was well into my 20s before I could buy my own.

To answer your question, yes amany of us do wear heels in public, some of us all the time and others like myself only when not at work. Though I do sometimes wear flats at other times as well as I'm a terrible sinner LOL.

Why not try to get across to our heelmeet: http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/real_life_meetings/6139-world_heel_meet_2007_london_sat_march_10th.html

It looks like it's going to be an absolute blast!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.