Pavements

HeeelMan

Dont you just love them. Today I bought a new pair of courts from Bertie 4 1/2" high stiletoe heel pointy toe. Got them in the sale at Beales Ealing £33 bargain. Even tried them on in the shop and was asked if they were for me by another lady customer to which I said yes. I thought that this is ideal chance to keep them on so paid for them and then sat down again and put them back on. I walked outside, not to busy and the rubber tips on the heels did not make much noise walked about 100 yards and crunch, left heel straight down a pavement crack and big scrap in the leather heel covering, shoe came off and I did a dance trying to stay upright. Several people looking, fortunately my quick thinking resulted in me saying oh well hazard of earing heels, but inwardly was really pissed off at the damage. Why cant they make the gaps smaller. anyone else have this problem?

Dont you just love them. Today I bought a new pair of courts from Bertie 4 1/2" high stiletoe heel pointy toe. Got them in the sale at Beales Ealing £33 bargain. Even tried them on in the shop and was asked if they were for me by another lady customer to which I said yes. I thought that this is ideal chance to keep them on so paid for them and then sat down again and put them back on. I walked outside, not to busy and the rubber tips on the heels did not make much noise walked about 100 yards and crunch, left heel straight down a pavement crack and big scrap in the leather heel covering, shoe came off and I did a dance trying to stay upright. Several people looking, fortunately my quick thinking resulted in me saying oh well hazard of earing heels, but inwardly was really pissed off at the damage. Why cant they make the gaps smaller.

anyone else have this problem?

I think we thrashed this subject out on the RANT forum already. Yeah, almost everyone's faced this at one point or another. I think the consensus of opinion was that stilettoes are made for indoors and you really need something else for out of doors - especially if the crooked politicians are putting the taxpayer's money into their pockets instead of the holes in the pavement.:wink:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Lesson one in wearing stiletto heels watch where you are placing your feet....:wink:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

you are so right. I've done it again, this time with the other foot,heel down a crack and a big scrap in the leather. my heels look like they have been through a war, still they are great to walk in, much more fun then my safe bloke heels

All you need to do is to carefully smooth the leather back down, glue it into place and then fill with crayon to match the shoe colour. You can melt the whole thing smooth with a hair dryer or by holding it over a cooker...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.