Hi Folks!

Elliesboy:-)

A big welcome to both you and Dubheii. Tell us more about yourselves. Enquiring readers would like to know.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Well, OK. You asked for it...

I'm pushing 50, so I remember life before personal computers, cell phones, CDs, etc. Heck, I owned music on 8-tracks. When I took computer programming in college, we wrote our programs on punch cards (one line per card) and waited at the line printer for our output (ka-chunk ka-chunk ka-chunk...) Makes me feel ANCIENT...

Had a HH fetish early. In junior high, I "borrowed" by mom's high heeled leather knee boots (they fit), and eventually ruined them by getting them soaking wet.

In senior high I made a pair of "platform shoes" (this was the '70's) by nailing some old sneakers (through the soles) into wooden wedge blocks that I made. They actually worked (kinda). Kept them under the bed. Got busted by my dad when he had to move the bed to work on my window. Oops! :rocker:

Married in the early '80's to a fine girl that knew (knows) about but did (does) not share my fetish. (Oh well, we all can't be THAT lucky.)

By the mid '80's, I was a closeted heeler, buying the occasional HH shoes and boots mail order from the JC Penney's catalog. In 1991 I actually got up the nerve to walk into a Wild Pair store and ask about a pair of 4" heel leather thigh boots. I was trembling when the sales lady actually brought a box out of the back room, in size 11 (unusual for them), that had just come in the day before. I know I was read faced and sweating, but I purchased them and got out of the mall and back home as quickly as I could. Man, what a rush!

I think it was in the late '90's when the rubber block heel boots became fashionable. I found a pair in size 12 of knee high square toe (not leather, unfortuantely) with a heel just shy of 4 inches. I found them to be quite comfortable and quiet to walk in, with a heel that was tall enough to give me the HH thrill, but not so high that either my stride or posture were noticably affected. I immediately went in search of a pair of extra long wide leg jeans so that I could wear the boots in public without being obvious.

And that's pretty much where I am today. I must have 30-40 pairs of HH shoes and boots, and am an active buyer and seller of these items, mostly on eBay. (How many HH pumps do you have to try before you find a pair that actually FIT!) I have a weakness for leather boots of any kind (male, female, low heel, high heel). I love very high stilletto heels (5 inches and up), but only wear them in private. I also have several pairs of block heel shoes and boots that I will wear out, hidden under long jeans. I have not mustered up the courage to be obvious and wear the heels revealed. I'm not sure how that would be received in this deinitely non-metropolin area.

So that's my HH life in a nutshell, for anyone that is interested...

OK, I've bared my HH soul for the first time EVER. Who's next? I'd like to hear YOUR story!:biggrin:

After recently being dinged by Ritchie for going off-topic, I suggest anyone who wants to carry on reminiscing (if I can spell!) about old machines uses the Cafe thread http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/hhplace_cafe_general_chit_chat/7141-ancient_history_heavy_metal.html - I've just added my comments to that.

I've now left HHPlace. Feel free to use the means listed in my profile if you wish to contact me.