Heels sizes

Drachmann

I have got some new shoes. they are alot higher then expected. When i measure the heel from the base to the start of the sole, on the back i get 18 cm, but this are 6 inche, if im right an inches is 2.5 cm, but if that is the case they are 7" 1/4. I have a pair of 5" the are 12.5 cm, measured the same way. Sow new heels are 18 cm = 7.25" ?

18cm = 7". Usually the quoted heel height will be for a shoe in the mid-size range, and the heels will be higher or lower depending on the size of the shoe. IE a size UK 6 shoe might have a 4" heel, whereas a UK 8 in the same style might be 4.25". Chris

I just thought that the angle of the foot changes with the size, i meen im a size 14 (us) the old ones they are 12,5 cm high or 5 inches. The new ones are a size 13 (us) and are they say, 6 inches but they are 18 cm high. 12,5 cm / 5 inches = 2.5 ( Per Inche ) (size 14) ( Pleaser ) 18 cm / 6 inches = 3 cm ( Per Inche ) (Size 13) ( Devious ) See what i meen ?

I just thought that the angle of the foot changes with the size, i meen im a size 14 (us) the old ones they are 12,5 cm high or 5 inches.

The new ones are a size 13 (us) and are they say, 6 inches but they are 18 cm high.

12,5 cm / 5 inches = 2.5 ( Per Inche ) (size 14) ( Pleaser )

18 cm / 6 inches = 3 cm ( Per Inche ) (Size 13) ( Devious )

See what i meen ?

Actually, 1 inch = 2.54 cm. Nevertheless, an 18 cm heel would work out to be approximately 7inches. Unless the shoes also have a substantial platform (at least an inch) yer most likely going to be walking on yer toes.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

I just thought that the angle of the foot changes with the size, i meen im a size 14 (us) the old ones they are 12,5 cm high or 5 inches.

The new ones are a size 13 (us) and are they say, 6 inches but they are 18 cm high.

12,5 cm / 5 inches = 2.5 ( Per Inche ) (size 14) ( Pleaser )

18 cm / 6 inches = 3 cm ( Per Inche ) (Size 13) ( Devious )

See what i meen ?

It depends on the manufacturer. Usually with higher quality shoes the angle is the same as they scale the heel according to shoe size to keep the same proportions. The made in China fetish shoes often use the same height heel, so the angle is less steep in the larger sizes.

Chris

It seems that a lot of traders these days use "6 inch heels" as a style description and when they arrive the heels are any height between 4.5 to 8". A certain fashion designer order a dozen pairs of 6" stilettos from TLSB for a fashion show. The day they arrived (the day before the show) Spyros gets an angry phone call from the designer asking how her models can be expected to walk in such a high heel. When she said that she wanted heels a good 2" lower the penny dropped. LOL

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.