Platform thong sandals

fj

For the past few years there has been a growing obsession amongst fashion minded women towards wearing 2 and 3 inch platform thongs sandals during the summer months. The most popular bands include Steve Madden, Roxy, Volatile to name a few. Being in the summer mode I thought I would give them a try being that they looked quit comfortable. However for any man willing to chance wearing these high heel summer sandals finding a size that fits will be a problem if you wear something larger than a women’s size 11. I can say that I lucked out with women's size 10. Of course as with other similar high heel styles and interest there are the usual stares, and negative comments that come as part of the experience. I’ve been testing this personal fashion trend for the past 2 years now. What would it take to stir the interest of the fashion guru’s to promote this style of sandal for men? Would it be too radical a change from the typical men’s flat sandal? Would women see it as a patriarchal infringement on their fashion turf? Could they gain popularity amongst the teen crowd already into big shoes, and big jeans! Would it blur the line between the guys and gals fashion trends a too much? :smile:

No, men wearing sandals with 3 inches should be no big deal. Since they don't make it as ”mens” sandals, it is considered as a feminine asset. Weird, ain't it? I mean - when hh sandals were produced for men – would it still be considered female? I doubt. I love sandals and wear them every day. Be a man and wear HH!

HH forever!

Yes Michou, I envy your wedge thongs very much. I also have an older version of the Steve Madden thongs with the leopard top and wear those quite often.

http://www.highluc.yucom.be/images/SL16aStMadden11-6cm2000.jpg

I never had a pedicure and have never woen nail polish.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Do Toe Loop Thongs Count? Size 11, LEI.

Posted Image

Straps originally solid--too tight; modified by me with Velcro and my sewing machine, after the shoe shop refused to give it a go!!

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks