Masons/Washington DC

Ok, I am not a conspiracy theorist at all.

I was listening to the radio the other day and they had this guy on named Brad Meltzer who just wrote a new book (The Book of Fate). In the interview he talked about how the freemasons marked DC with the massonic symbol. I thought "cool" because I had always thought they were religous and good. So I went to the web to see if I could see this pattern he claimed was put there. Initially I didn't see it in the normal map, so I googled "washington dc masons layout" and came up with link:

http://freemasonrywatch.org/washington.html

Now I heard all the nonsense about "New World Order" and stuff before, but I didn't know it linked to the masons and the occult.

Has anyone else heard of this before? Is there ANYTHING to this at all or is it just bunk like I think it is?

Scotty

Yes I have heard of it before. But choose to say no more, because you never know who's watching. :evil:

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Thanks Shafted. One of the main reasons I believe it's interesting, but total bunk. If this was true, why would those in charge even allow such information to be printed. It is possible I guess that those that designed the city added some hidden things, maybe for fun, maybe because they really believed it. But beyond that, I think there is very little to it. That is just me personally. People like to think there is some secret society running things and controlling everything. While I believe there are powerful people and groups, I have a VERY hard time believing they could control everything. Maybe I am blind and niave, but it's just how I feel. Just was curious what others thought on the topic, but i can appreciate if you don't feel like discussing. Admins, if you think this thread is too controversial for this form, feel free to delete it. I don't want to stur anything up with it. Scotty

I believe there are two sets of theory: conspiracy theory and cock-up theory. The first says that most Bad Things in the world happen deliberately; the second says that most Bad Things in the world happen by accident. Given humanity, the second one seems more likely to me. As for all the talk of New World Orders... I'd argue that there would never only be *one* all-powerful secret society. There would be many; they would be fighting each other; and the power of each would be reduced as a result. Interested parties may wish to play a couple of games of Steve Jackson Games' "Illuminati" to see what this kind of world might look like. Personally I've always liked the idea of the Church of the Subgenius controlling the Mafia, who control the Congressional Wives, who control the Boy Sprouts and the Orbital Mind Control Lasers... but maybe that's just me.

I've now left HHPlace. Feel free to use the means listed in my profile if you wish to contact me.

These conspiracy theorists are often good for a chuckle. Some of them get awfully close to the "tin-foil hat brigade" with their convoluted and inter-woven "logic".

Have a happy time!

Here are a couple of responses I got from another website I frequent:

COMPLETE and UTTER bunk..Metzler is a crackpot, looking to run down Masonry. He's born again, and believes Masonry (and anything else that's not EXACTLY what he worships) advocates, and practices Satanic worshipping, and rituals.

I am a 10 year Mason, and can tell you whole-heartedly, and without pretense that we do NOT practice Satanic rituals. I am a man who believes in God, and worships him. I am far from a "devout" religious man, but can tell you that there are NUMEROUS points, practices, and references to the Holy Bible, and God's doing in Masonry.

** Same guy, this was in reference to the debunking link **

Nice read, thanks for that. The Sandusky, Ohio map is interesting...Being Masons designed and built those streets, it's no wonder they added their own to it. One quote in this article really jumps out at me.

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The original plan of the city, as here represented, may be said to represent an open Bible, Square and Compasses in correct position to proceed with labor upon opening the Lodge

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notice how he said "open Bible"....yet people still think God is not present within the lodge...Amazing.

There are some incredible buildings in the United States (and Western Europe, for that matter, especially Scotland and U.K.) architectually that were hand-crafted and designed by 1700-1800 Masons. Pennsylvania, and Virginia are two states where they are prominent. They all have that one brick, or stone on the corner displaying the Masonic symbol as well.

Another guy

The building where I rent one of my offices is owned by the Masons. Half is their temple, the other half they rent out.

I have a hard time believing that a bunch of 70+ year old guys who can barely cut the grass without having a heart attack are a threat to anyone.

I'd worry a lot more about the Muslims.

• 2 months later...

These conspiracy theorists are often good for a chuckle. Some of them get awfully close to the "tin-foil hat brigade" with their convoluted and inter-woven "logic".

Okay, so I'll try that self-help group Paranoids Annonymous. Trouble is, they won't tell me where and when they meet.:rocker:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels