job interview...

r1g0r

i have an interview for a potential job coming up next week. this position would be with the same company i am currently employed with, but a completely seperate division. it is a technical position that i am fairly well qualified for, and i have taught some of the principle portions of this position when i worked for another company. the decision i am faced with is: should i go dressed in my "sunday best" (pants, etc...), or should i present myself as i normally am (skirt, etc...) ? this position would be a lateral change (little to no change in pay), but would give more time to be with my family. the company i work for, and the state i work in, both have a STRICT gender-expression anti-discriminatin law/policy. but we all know how that can often work. any ideas/input/experiences? r1g0r (in a situation i've never been in before...)

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!

Interviews should be appropriate to what they want/expect/are looking for. You can change later. Unless that is the way you always look, and don't care, and are only interested in jobs where they value only your work and not the way you look.

• 4 months later...