Select shop - nice pair of ankle boots on eBay, wrong size!

balacau

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BNWOB-BLACK-SELECT-BOOTS-SILVER-HEEL-SIZE-4-VERY-SEXY_W0QQitemZ7762273947QQcategoryZ53557QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Personally I think these are very nice :D probably because one of the supervisors I worked with had a pair and wasn't shy about showing them off either!

I've tried searching on Google for a shop/store called Select but without success. Does anyone have the home page to this chain?

Oh yeah and feel free to comment about the boots :cry: I like to know peoples opinions & feedback.

Thanks!

I learned the truth a long time ago, being afraid of the dark is what keeps most of us alive...

There is a Select store in Bluewater and I think in other malls as well. They look nice but are generally cheaply made from PU and the "metal" is a foil covering over a plastic heel.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Wow that was a fast reply :D Just goes to show "never judge a book by its cover" really rings true. Thanks for the info, I'll avoid those then.

I learned the truth a long time ago, being afraid of the dark is what keeps most of us alive...

They're gorgeous! I love metal heels but if what Dr Shoe says is true, and he does seem to know a lot, I'd be looking for something similar but from a different manufacturer. Debenhams had a similar pair in leather with a decoractive ankle strap a year or two ago, still kicking myself for not buying a pair! Chris

Hrm this is interesting. Lets say I saw a pair of "metal heel" boots in a shop somewhere, how would I know if they were proper metal heels; or plastic with a foil covering? When you think about hit, heels must take quite alot of punishment, so the foil would probably not last a long time! Thanks for the replies :D

Those boots do look fantastic though,

My favourite style by far... I bought my girlfriend something similar in a knee high boot from Logo at cheshire oaks (http://www.logofashion.co.uk/), and schuh have sold something similar for a long while, though more expensive. Like many things, you get what you pay for. And if it's just occasional or indoor wear then cheap and low quality probably isn't such a problem.

Bob.

I think you could probably tell if the heels genuinely were metal or not if you saw them in the flesh as it were. I have two pairs of ladies' New Rocks with metal heels, and they just feel different to plastic when you handle them. Chris

A very nice looking pair of boots. I would think that they would be more classified as mid-calf boots rather than ankle boots. If what Dr. Shoe says is true, (and I don't doubt his expertise), they would to be avoided at all costs. Shame they're not better materials as they do make a pleasant appearance. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!