History of Cowboy Boots

dr1819

Nice find dr1819. I like the part about the Mongol's BRIGHT RED wooden heels influence on the European definition of high heeled = well heeled.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Dr1819:-) That's quite an extensive history of the cowboy boot. Thanks for sharing that with us all. I started wearing cowboy boots when in the service. The fellows were buying mostly wellingtons or cowboy boots. We were stationed in Kansas and in one season, there was dust more than ankle deep, and in another the mud was that deep. Therefore the need for some type of higher boot to keep the dust or mud from coming in over the tops of our low-cuts when we were in our civies after work hours. During work hours we wore combat boots as part of our uniform. The low heeled wellingtons didn't appeal to me at all, so I opted for the cowboy boots, mainly because of the fancy stitching, the comfort, and mainly the higher heel, as well as the incredible looks. I was the only one in my outfit wearing cowboy boots and loving every minute of it at that. I wore them all through the service and for many years beyond until they finally wore out and I went looking for another pair. Over many more years that second pair served me well and I finally wore them out as well. Then I looked for a third pair which just wore out in recent months. I now have a couple of women's heeled fashion boots in a western style that have replaced the cowboy boots. BTW---that first pair had black bottoms with light grey tops which were embossed with a large red and black eagle on the front. A pair to never forget for style and comfort. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

And we all know the importance of looking to the past. Perhaps this is best elucidated by the famed British designer, Vivienne Westwood:

...it is so important to look to the past. Because people did have taste, and they did have ideals of excellence, and those things are not going to come unless people look at the past.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.