What did you wear with your prom dress?

Adeana

What did you wear with your prom dress?  

189 members have voted

1. 1. What did you wear with your prom dress?

• stiletto pumps
    • slingback high heels
    • strappy stiletto sandals
    • spiked heel mules
    • chunky high heels
    • no heel flats

If you went to the prom...what did you wear with your dress? What made you get them? What did your date think? What would you wear now if you were going to the prom again? Guess noone responds to my post and surveys...oh well...

Does anyone ever Email anymore? Send me one! I like to chat!

• 1 month later...

The problem may be that this is an international site, very few countries have school "proms" - which I guess from the films is similar to a dinner-dance, so no "prom" no shoes! But I would have wore court shoes or strappy's if it was summer - to match the dress! BB

• 10 months later...

We didn't have a 'prom' as such, I suppose the equivalent was a ball we had the day after our A-level exams all finished. Like most of the girls there, I went in a little black dress. God it seems ages ago already! If my memory is right, though, I wore some black suede court shoes which I'd bought especially, I think they were about 3.5" or maybe 4". It wasn't the best night ever, though, I just remember all the guys drinking way more than they could handle and clumsily coming on to all the girls. ;) Not the most sophisticated ball ever lol. Also my shoes were not the most sensible choice for ceilidh dancing and, I must confess, I had to take them off to dance. Poor show, I know!

i have a really bad confession to make.

my dress was a strapless floor length proper ballgown. it had 24 pettycoats!

it was far too long for me and couldnt be taken up so my shoes had to have some height. heeled shoes caught on the skirt so were entirley out of the question. so i wore these:

http://www.zanzig.com/buffalo/pix/dcp0646.htm

i know they're awful, but you couldnt see me feet.

i'm preparing meself for the abuse ;)

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...

If you went to the prom...what did you wear with your dress? What made you get them? What did your date think? What would you wear now if you were going to the prom again?

Satin pumps with 3" heels. They were dyed to match my dress, periwinkle satin sheath. My date was speechless. Probably wear a strappy metalic stiletto today.

• 2 months later...

I voted for stiletto pumps, although they were not strictly stilleto's. The heel was narrow, definitely not chunky, so closest the stiletto's. The height was about 8cm what would convert to just over 3". They were rather simple black leather courts, and I 'borrowed' them from my moms closet. They made me feel great and I remember walking or dancing was surpricingly easy. I think I was a bit late catching on to pumps and high heels. They just weren't worn to school somehow, only to dances & parties after or outside of school. At some point pumps & stilleto's were worn more and more to these parties and only after a while I decided I had to fit in and picked a pair from my mom. I still think she doesn't know I did :). Oh, and we don't really have proms in NL, but we had plenty of dances and gala nights.

I wore black pumps with 5 inch stiletto heels that had a wrist band. Very nice shoes, didn't hurt my feet at all and I could dance all night in them. I wore them to both balls, one formal with long evening gowns and one PARTY! with a short black minidress. Luckily my date was very tall so he was 2-3 inches (little over 1 dm) taller then me when I had my heels on. He liked them... :)

• 10 months later...

It is incredible to see so many here can wear such high heels upon finishing highschool. When I finished highschool four years ago, all the girls wanted to wear heels to the dance but most wore two inch heels and some even found that very challenging. The people here on this forum are very talented at a young age!

I think everyone should wear high heels to their prom! Unless ofcoarse the girl is very very tall! I bought my heels for my formal at an online high heel shoe store. They were so nice and very reasonably priced too! It is important though, that they are not too uncomfortable!

I know for my highschool, many people were not accustomed to wearing high heels. They tried to wear them for the sake of the dance but were teetering along in them, very unsteady. Girls were bunched together trying to help each other stay upright LOL I know by the end of the evening, most girls had kicked their heels off and were dancing barefoot haha

• 1 month later...

I wore a pair of my sisters white platform sandals. About 1"platform. Thought I was really sexy for about an hour until my feet started to rebel. Ended the night shoeless - in more ways than one. someone took the sandals while they were off under a table. My sister was mad at me for weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Ouch! That must have been rough Jaynee, to have lost your sisters sandals at the prom. I have attended some formal functions and I have seen women kick off their sandals under the table only to lose them. I have also seen people lose their sandals on crowded dance floors when their sandals fall off. That is one of the reasons why I try to avoid wearing sandals for fear of them falling off and losing them ....

• 2 weeks later...

While it is not the prom, I do have a fancy ball to attend next week. With the temperatures hovering around +15C in the evenings recently, I am thinking of wearing a hot pink party dress that has black trim, an open back, a full length skirt that is slit up the side to my waist and a black sash around my waist. Around my neck will be a thin silver necklace along with hoop earrings. On my legs, I was thinking of wearing a pair of hot pink patterned pantyhose along with my black leather stiletto heeled boots. What does everyone think of my outfit? Comments?

Whoow ! Heidi you should be gorgeous with this outfit :) ! What type of party is it ? I think you will be very sexy ! And what is the height of your heels ? Kiss Sab

High heels are the most exciting thing of life silly.gif !