Getting the answers I wanted - Another way!!

new_look

For ages people have been posting suggestions on a thread on fashion boards, eagerly awaiting 10 or 15 snooty nosed fashion pidgeons to express their dislikes and excited squeals. From these responses we are more than aware that they are mostly close minded with their own ideas of fashion been the only acceptable ones, and dont give a true reflection of what the general people we want to find opinions from will think.

I took it on myself to create a chatname in the lycos (uk's largest) chatroom using the nickname 'man_in_high_heels' for everyone to see, and began chatting.

Response was tremendous and lots of people Private Message and shout out at you mainly initially of curiosity, and i have spoken to tons of people and made a good load of new friends. I had lots of questions and they usually ask if i am gay??? but accept it readily enough when i inform them i am not. I have answered 'why' to many people with responses like why let girls have all the fun etc, and responses have overall been neutral to positive.

You can walk on the street, but i often thought it would be nice to read peoples minds on their opinions and I thought this would be a superb way to discuss it.

Conclusively an interesting experiment which roughly has been as this

response from other blokes

20% of curiosity and think its cool

50% of curiosity and response given as 'each to their own', not negative

25% ( of gay/bi interest )

only about 5% i would say gave negative ot take piss remarks!!!!

from other women

10% ask why and no matter how long i explain they will not accept that 'womens shoes' can not ever ever be worn by blokes and i am weird

40% like the initiative to wear cool heeled shoes and admit they are fun and that mens shoes are boring.

50% again like mens responses women that agree that mens shoes are crap and respond with 'each to their own', no negativity.

an interesting experiment initially but has brought many interesting conversations about heels and what different people wear etc. Im starting to enjoy logging on now :D

daz

My wife has two sisters, one almost 10 years older, but about 4 years younger. Both think it is cool of me to wear heels. The older one (grew up in the laid back 60s) thinks it's "cool of me to live out my kinks" and send me cross dresser stuff all the time (even though I have explained I only like wearing heels). The younger one just sees it as fashion and thinks nothing of it. Matter of fact, alot of times when I show her shoes/boots I've got she remarks "those are nice, I wouldn't mind a pair in my size". Matter of fact, on several occasions I've gone on Ebay and found shoes/boots for her and bought them for her (she paid us back BTW). She said that the ones I've picked out gets the best compliments at work and tells people her brother-inlaw picked them out for her.

Daz, thats amazing! Great job! BTW, I just bought a new pair at Aldos near Hugo Boss/Leicester Sq? Tried em on there and chatted w/ the sales girl who was also cute...But your chat idea is great! You can gain immediate feedback and give instantaneous responses! A groundbreaking idea you implemented with great results. Now Im off to hunt down the Vue Theater in this huge town u call London. Why does everything have to be so far away here? Like Notting Hill walks are very, very long.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

That's what they invented the Tube for! :D About 6 or 7 Pounds gets you an all day ticket for the Tube and the buses for Zones 1 2 and 3 for as many trips as you like until way after midnight. Aldo make some nice stuff. I hope you also visited at least Faith, Schuh, and Dune in Oxford Street. There are about 15 shoe shops in Oxford Street. Another shoe Mecca is Camden High Street, and there are a few nice shops around the Covent Garden area.