Note to self: don't fall asleep in ballet boots

KiraLA

About a month ago I got some knee-high ballet boots from Punitive Shoes, and unfortunately my calves are a tad too big and I have a hard time lacing the boots up. Well I decided to try again last night, got one successfully tied and the other sort-of successfully.

I managed to stand up in them, although no way can I get my legs straight.

I then put in my pony tail butt plug (mmmm, love that toy) and settled down to watch some TV. I fell asleep and woke up about 90 minutes later, my ankles really sore. My right foot can already extend straight into pointe position (no idea how, I've never taken ballet!) but not my left, and it wasn't used to being in that position.

I managed to massage my feet so I wasn't sore in the morning. But I'll be careful about that in the future.

If you're feet and ankles are not used to ballet boots then don't force them by staying in the boots too long. Ankle length and above will help keep your ankles in the en-pointe position where as the ballet courts won't. I own the latter and as a consequence don't suffer from the problem. I fall asleep and my ankles are still free to move. As for your ankles going straight, you don't have to have done any ballet to find that your ankles go straight. You will just find that you have a fair degree of flexibility. This doesn't always follow with the rest of your joints and muscles, which is why in your case you have no problem with your right, but your left won't go straight. Don't panic! Take it slowly! A little pain is alright as your feet adjust, but too much is going to cripple you. Ballets are fun boots to own, but don't kill yourself. PS. I sometimes fall asleep in my ballets, but the wife soon lets me know after the heel stabs your leg. :smile:

I also tried to sleep in high heeled boots. but in the firts place I can't realy get to sleep. and if a am sleeping, after a bout 1 hour I wake up and then the shoes must come off. My veet realy hurt than. Maybe it is something you get used to.

On 2002-05-30 14:06, Dexter23 wrote:

I also tried to sleep in high heeled boots. after a bout 1 hour I wake up and then the shoes must come off. My veet realy hurt than.

I think sleeping in boots is the problem there. I tried sleeping in some strappy heels a few days ago and they were fine. :smile: I think the key is to have your feet mostly exposed.

• 2 weeks later...

this is where the comparisons will differ. I don't suffer the ankle pain problem as my shoes don't cover the ankle and therefore don't restrict it's movement so I can sleep nearly all night before I naturally kick them off. Maybe I should install an ankle strap to stop that happening :smile:

All the times I woke up in heels, my feet where realy swlolen. Maybe because when you are a sleep you lay flary flat. The blood circulation than changes completely. I think when you sleep your heart slows down and if you are than wearing tight shoes of boots, the circulation will be cut to your feet.

when you sleep, your heart beats at it's normal relaxed rate, usually about 60 bpm. There's not much difference in your blood pressure between awake and asleep unless you do a stressful job. Your body does tend to broaden out a little while you're sleeping and thereby puts pressure in different places, your feet being one of them. Not much of a difference but enough to be noticeable after a while.