looking for the origins of these old photos

Heike has just got her site back up and running and has just posted some classical 50's and 60's black and white photos, many of which appear to have come from the 50's equivalent of La-Piazza. There doesn't seem to be a heel under 6" in them and unlike the majority of women today, it seems they could actually cope with them as well. I must admit that I love old photos like these, mainly because the "baby-doll" toe looked so much better than today's designs in that they made the foot look so much smaller.

Anyway, the last photo's she posted are of unknown origin, and she would like to know where they came from to see if there are any more available (as would I). Considering the age of them, the quality is remarkable. They also appear to be more of a scrapbook nature than professionally posed.

Here's a few of the 9 that were posted. If anyone has ever come across these before, can you please let Heike know, and put the information on here as well.

Richy

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Richy on 2002-05-26 18:02 ]</font>

You will possibly notice that the lady in the pictures has actually been foot trained because her ankle appears to have migrated through to the instep which takes several months if not years of training. She almost certainly has no trouble walking in these heels and could almost certainly manage ballet boots as well (In fact it is a kind of ballet boot rig that she would have had to wear to bed). Wearing flats would cause her the same discomfort that high heels cause some women.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Can't disagree with you. That to me is how a high heeled foot should look. I also think that rather than being physically altered, the photos have at some time been "enhanced", to bring out the main subject. Whoever did it, made a good job of it.

"You will possibly notice that the lady in the pictures has actually been foot trained because her ankle appears to have migrated through to the instep which takes several months if not years of training." It could be natural. I was at a party on Monday night and ended up in the early hours of the morning giving a young lady a foot massage (for several hours, as she was enjoying it as much as I was). When her feet were stretched out, she was able to put her ankles through 180 degrees just like this woman.In fact tmy first thought was how much they looked as if they had been in a foot trainer. That night wasn't the time to ask her, (besides we were busy) but I've no doubt that I'll get the chance again to find out if this was natural or whether her interests include heels. I know she's certianly into Gothic fashions.

• 7 months later...

I know this string was from a while ago but i have found a person who claims to own the originals.

Her name is Tina and she lives in Buffalo. You can find her web site here

http://www.geocities.com/tinamarie022

though I suggest you go via Spooks web site on

www.trax.to/spook

(If you`ve not been there yet, corsets, Ultra Heels, Ballets & foot benders :lol: )

Anyway, make your way to Tinas **My Next Page!** and follow the string through to, Old Heel Photos I Like, where she claims to have been given the originals, and you`ll find more besides.

I have contacted her about whether she has been able to get hold of any shoes like them (I am dying to get hold of something sooo gorgeous as those shown) original or new. She told me that the Little Shoe Box had been able to make a start but they then got lost in the post and she couldn`t justify the cost of another pair. I might make the call to see if they would try again for myself.

Hope that clears up that query for a while and gives you some more achingly sexy shoes to look at.

PS. If any body is able to source such shoes please let me know

Your Ultra High Heeled friend