Fact or Fiction Footnotes?

Adeana

anyone good at trivia?...I found these and was wondering if they were all true...?? •Egyptian butchers in pre-Christian times wore heels to raise their feet above the blood of the animals they killed. •In 16th century Britain, if a bride wore artificially high heels her husband was entitled to an annulment. •Frenchman Roger Vivier is credited with putting the stiletto heel on the catwalk in the 1950s. •Soon afterwards, the Empress of Iran ordered 100 pairs a year. •A true stiletto heel is 3 1/2in or higher. •Stiletto comes from the Italian for dagger. •Anita Ekberg in La Dolce Vita (1960) and Frank Sinatra in High Society (1956) both drank champagne from a stiletto.

Does anyone ever Email anymore? Send me one! I like to chat!

Firstly the Egyptian butchers didn't wear heels. They wore platforms as did 18th century Turkish Bath attendants. Heels as we know them didn't come into vogue until early in the 17th century so someone in "secret heels" could almost certainly be accused of fraud or even withcraft! Stilettos were in the 1950s though there were tall slender heels around as early as the 1930s but they were only really worn on the stage as the heels would have been made from wood and prone to snapping. A stiletto is a kind of slender dagger. A stiletto has to be long and slender like its namesake.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.