My Shoe Review: Renetti Pumps

JeffB

Posted Image

In my semi-occasional series on shoe reviews, I thought I'd turn my attention to the Renetti shoes I've won via auction. As you can see in the picture above (and those are not my legs by the way, I like to think mine look better!), the Renetti pumps, made in Spain with leather uppers look very sleek and stylish, sporting a five inch heel that's slightly thicker than the Pleaser Seduce 420's, but still qualifies as a stiletto.

The placement of the heel is at an angle that's a few degrees short of being straight up and down. Because of that placement, when I wear the shoes, my posture leans slightly forward when I walk, something I don't encounter with the other heels I've worn. It's nothing severe, but I do feel that, and it took a wee bit of time getting used to it at first, but once I corrected my posture, walking in the shoes was a snap.

As I stated previously, the Renetti pumps are leather and mold quite well to the shape of my foot after some stretching which I do with all new shoes I buy. However, lile the Pleasers, they only come in medium width, so you may have to go up a size from what you usually wear to compensate for the lack of width. I have these pumps in bone and black patent along with the slingback variant in red and navy.

In closing, if you can find these shoes, buy them! You won't be disappointed with these beauties.

:wink:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I bought these in the lighter blue colour. I have to agree that these seem a little tight despite being in my normal size for 5 inch heels (13m). I will have to persevere and see if i can stretch them with wear. Nice shoes that are well made - (did your shoes Jeff have a bit of creasing on the vamp when you received them?), however its interesting to note that the seller on ebay who was selling these shoes in her description did say that they are"made on a special last that made to accomodate the male foot as well", i would in my opinion have to disagree here, if this were the case then the width fitting would have been slightly wider (my feet are not particulary wide for a man). It looks like me and Jeff got in just in time as there are only four pairs left on ebay left, after this the seller will not be stocking any more as the cost of buying them from Spain is not commercially viable. BTW - do you use a shoe stretcher to stretch your leather shoes or just prolonged wear? All power to you Jeff - look forward to more reviews soon!! :wink:

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

Hello, Barney! To answer your questions, no I don't recall any creasing on the vamp, everything looked to be in good order when I got my shoes. As for stretching, I use wooden stretchers for all my shoes. Oh, and I also found the claim of the Renetti shoes having been made to accomodate the male foot to be somethinng of a falsehood, otherwise they would be wider. And yeah, we're certainly lucky to have found what shoes that were available.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!