The successor to the metrosexual has arrived--The Mirl!

The successor to the metrosexual has finally arrived--The Mirl The successor to the metrosexual has finally arrived. He's a more advanced version in love with the colour pink and pedicures. -- the mirl Metrosexuality's passe, it's been replaced by -- no, not the return of machismo -- but by an advanced form of metrosexuality. Now, it's all about the ultra-feminine look or male girls, better known as 'hermaphrodudes' or 'mirls'. The mirl -- a hybrid man -- is not afraid of embracing his feminine side; he has a fetish for pedicures, shopping, bags, jewellery and even the colour pink. Looking good = Feeling great Most men aren't too happy being pigeon-holed with terms like 'mirl' or 'metrosexual' but adman Suhel Seth isn't. "I'm a huge shopper, I love going for facials, pedicures and manicures," he says. "I love going to the spa and pampering myself. If that makes me a mirl, I am and always have been that. I'm careful about the way I look and I'm very proud of that." Model Upen Patel likes to take care of himself. "I go in for the whole grooming routine: body-waxing, facials, pedicures. I'm only trying to look good." As straight as it gets Make no mistake, the mirl isn't necessarily drawn to other men sexually. According to Mark Simpson, who coined the term 'metrosexual', "He (the metrosexual/mirl) might be officially gay, straight or bisexual, but that is immaterial because he has taken himself as his own love object and pleasure as his sexual preference." Elaborates VJ Gaurav Kapoor: "Metro yet hetero is my mantra. I'm in sync with my feminine side, I grow my hair and have a cool collection of headbands. This doesn't alter the way I am." Designer Ashish Soni is a mirl and he loves it. "I love the colour pink and I love shopping as a stress-buster. But that doesn't make me fond of men. I'm a straight man who takes care to look good; why should that privilege only rest with women?" Gender bender With gender stereotypes breaking down, society is a lot more accepting of role reversals. 'Says actor Parvin Dabas. "If women can be in charge at the workplace, men can go to salons. You don't have to be overtly macho to prove you're a man." Woman's kinda man Do women find mirls hotter than macho men? Apparently, the answer is yes. "I like my men to be in touch with their feminine side. Here's to more power for more sensitive men," says Ramona, VJ. The 'mirl phenomenon' has doomsayers predicting the end of the male species, and there's tom-tomming about 'mantropy', a unique 21st century disease that will make 'real' men extinct. So, will the mirl inherit the earth? :drinking:

Good to see you are still around VOS. Very interesting reading. Looks as if the whole metrosexual trend has evolved. I wonder if his/her article is about the people of India as they live in India or the people of India as they live elsewhere in the world?

Written by SUNAINA KUMAR

TIMES NEWS NETWORK (THURSDAY, JULY 07, 2005 10:51:25 AM)

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/msid-1163357,curpg-1.cms

At the end of the article they also had some example's of Mirls:

Genesis of the mirl

‘The mirl phenomenon points towards selfcare among men and this comes through role models, social observation and peer pressure. It’s a part of growing self-awareness and portrayal of the self in social dynamics. Portrayal in the media like films and ads has a lot to do with it.Today’s hero is an urban person who hits the gym and the salon at the same time.The mirl phenomenon reflects the changing dynamics of gender roles and is here to stay.As gender boundaries blur, issues now related purely to men or women will get diluted.’’ — Samir Parikh, psychiatrist

Mirls’ Gallery

David Beckham: Think Beckham, think sarongs, pink nail varnish

Brad Pitt: This pretty boy spends hours at the salon to cultivate those drop-dead looks

Enrique Iglesias: His pink shirts could give Beckham a run for his money

Jude Law: Remember his manly, mannerly weeping in Alfie where he even played a metrosexual character

Orlando Bloom: The ‘bloom’ on his face is thanks to extensive facials

Justin Timberlake: If there’s one thing he can’t resist, it’s shopping

Ben Affleck: The lovely tresses are a dead give-away, he’s even endorsed a hair-care product in the past

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.