I just wore my stilettos out!

What started as me innocently checking for the morning paper rapidly evolved into my first outing.

I wore my wedges out to the front door to see if my paper had been delivered yet. I didn't see it on the porch, so I went down the steps and walked around the front of the house to see if the delivery person had thrown it into the grass or an empty flowerpot by accident. I didn't see it, but walking in the wedges outdoors (complete with leather *THWACK* against my feet), with no one awake (it's roughly 5:15 when this all occured), I decided to explore and check the neighborhood for early-risers; even if someone was up, they wouldn't recognize these wedges as female-aisle shoes (unless, they had great night vision and a pair as well). When I saw nobody was up, I rushed inside, threw on some long pants, and laced up the stilettos.

The pants were long enough to cover the heel, but not the front, though it was enough to re-assure me that my heels would not be easily noticeable. I'm already 6 feet 4 inches tall, the 5-inch heels put me at 6 feet 9 inches. I set out of the door as if I was checking for paper again (walking around the house and all), the clicking noise from the heels was enough for me to walk to the closest main street. Someone was on their bicycle, but either didn't notice or didn't care. Three or four cars whizzed by, and none stopped in their track to notice the Creole boy walking around in open-toed stiletto heels in December. I walked up and down the street for a minute (literally, 60 seconds) then turned to head back to my house.

The heels clicking on the ground, which was sorta slick all over, had me ecstatic! My ankle wraps had not come loose, I didn't even come close to breaking the heel, and I really got into a nice rhythm, so much so that I extended my walk past my house up to the next block. I then came back down, and walked a block up my cross street too! A neighbor whom I'd never seen before was driving down the street in their car, and she said nothing to me (the car was a convertible with the top down for some odd reason). Secretly I was hoping she'd notice and we could talk, but maybe she was focused on getting to work. At this point it was going on to 5:45 am, so I returned home and like women in stilettos do, immediately took them off! My calves were burning but I loved it. The sounds, how short my feet looked under the jeans... I'd do it again if I didn't have to go to work in 45 minutes

That was my first time out in heels. On a 1-10 scale, I give it a 110! :)

Thanks I'm already contemplating doing it again tonight, or in the early morning. I'm tired (got 90 minutes of sleep last night; had to open my store + work 7 hours), my calves still sorta ache, and I've got loads of housework to do. But the thrill of me in stiletto heels is a lot to overcome! I'm off Friday... I might just do it Thursday night instead, and rest my weary body tonight.

Danielle, nice work! If that was your first time, it sounds like you're a natural.

I walked up and down the street for a minute (literally, 60 seconds

*lol* Were you counting or did you check your watch?

This was my first extensive work in high heels since 1997 or so... first time outside ever. I made sure to keep moving because I didn't want to stop on a street corner and give the wrong signal or anything... I think I felt every minute tick down. I did set my phone's alarm to go off 15 minutes after I started out, at the 15-minute mark I was a good two blocks from my house! That was when I almost decided to run...

What started as me innocently checking for the morning paper rapidly evolved into my first outing.

I wore my wedges out to the front door to see if my paper had been delivered yet. I didn't see it on the porch, so I went down the steps and walked around the front of the house to see if the delivery person had thrown it into the grass or an empty flowerpot by accident. I didn't see it, but walking in the wedges outdoors (complete with leather *THWACK* against my feet), with no one awake (it's roughly 5:15 when this all occured), I decided to explore and check the neighborhood for early-risers; even if someone was up, they wouldn't recognize these wedges as female-aisle shoes (unless, they had great night vision and a pair as well). When I saw nobody was up, I rushed inside, threw on some long pants, and laced up the stilettos.

The pants were long enough to cover the heel, but not the front, though it was enough to re-assure me that my heels would not be easily noticeable. I'm already 6 feet 4 inches tall, the 5-inch heels put me at 6 feet 9 inches. I set out of the door as if I was checking for paper again (walking around the house and all), the clicking noise from the heels was enough for me to walk to the closest main street. Someone was on their bicycle, but either didn't notice or didn't care. Three or four cars whizzed by, and none stopped in their track to notice the Creole boy walking around in open-toed stiletto heels in December. I walked up and down the street for a minute (literally, 60 seconds) then turned to head back to my house.

The heels clicking on the ground, which was sorta slick all over, had me ecstatic! My ankle wraps had not come loose, I didn't even come close to breaking the heel, and I really got into a nice rhythm, so much so that I extended my walk past my house up to the next block. I then came back down, and walked a block up my cross street too! A neighbor whom I'd never seen before was driving down the street in their car, and she said nothing to me (the car was a convertible with the top down for some odd reason). Secretly I was hoping she'd notice and we could talk, but maybe she was focused on getting to work. At this point it was going on to 5:45 am, so I returned home and like women in stilettos do, immediately took them off! My calves were burning but I loved it. The sounds, how short my feet looked under the jeans... I'd do it again if I didn't have to go to work in 45 minutes

That was my first time out in heels. On a 1-10 scale, I give it a 110! :)

A nice story! It makes me think of my own first heeling adventure three years ago in the shopping mall of Wiesbaden. Bold in the broadest daylight, but with similar thoughts, fears and feelings ... still today I remember every detail :o

cheers

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Danielle:-) What a great first time out in public heeling story. Nothing like jumping in with both feet, (pun intended), on your very first time out. At this rate, it won't take you long to become a confident public heel wearer. Congrats! Fantastic! Carry on! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Thanks much for the support, all! As the weather now feels like a December night, I decided to stay in... I already feel my key ligaments stiffening! If weather allows I'll wear them out tomorrow night and share the story.

Danielle, Yes, keep us posted. Soon you will be out shopping in the stilettos. It just takes a bit of time to see nothing really happens although I still only wear mine at night. Daytime wearing hasn't happened yet for me. I have a pair of 3" blade heels that I have no problem wearing anywhere so it's just a matter of time for my 5" stilettos. Keep it up....Jim

• 1 month later...

Update: I've tentatively planned to go out (as in, more than one block away out) to a nearby store that sells shoes cheap. I don't know what to expect at all, from the owners to the customers to even the space in the store, but if I buy something I'll be sure to return with pictures.

Update: I've tentatively planned to go out (as in, more than one block away out) to a nearby store that sells shoes cheap. I don't know what to expect at all, from the owners to the customers to even the space in the store, but if I buy something I'll be sure to return with pictures.

Hi Danielle,

If you are unsure what to expect but think that everybody is going to stare at you and the owners wont serve you, I think you are going to be dissapointed.

I would like to think that if I owned a shoe shop and somebody came in with an 'thing' for shoes I would meke him/her very very welcome.

The chances are that you as a customer will come back again and part with more of your hard earned cash and even tell your freinds.

There is a new shoe shop opened up in Bristol near where Heelfan lives (or used to live depending on his house move), they have a sign stating that they sell upto size 9 in the window, so I went in and tried a few on, they were to small for me but I told heelfan that they were cool with men in their shop, the owner told me that his first sale was to his hairdresser ( I think he said his name was Mark ) and that they were a pair of the pink high heels I was trying on.

I guess when you are in business it does not really matter what sex the customer is.

Nigel

The angels have the phonebox.

I never really have gotten a bad reaction in a shoe store. If you hit the owner, or a store manager, or another shoe lover, you usually get great service. The worst that can happen to you is that you get some lazy sales clerck who doesn't care about service (to you or any other customer) and just got the job because h/she was fired from McDonalds.

When people love shoes they don't care who they sell them to !

The only reason i'm timid in the first place is because this place isn't an established business. I know nothing about it outside the glance I got of the sign advertising the price. It's less than 10 minutes from my house so I'll see. I'm actually heading there now. Wish me luck!

:-/ Didn't get anything. However, I must say that I was pleasantly surprised with the service I got. An African-American lady working there asked me if I needed help, I told her I would wait til the crowd died down. When it did, she asked me what I needed. Wearing a pair of women's flats, I asked her what they carried in sizes 12 and up. She asked me "Mens or womens?" to which I replied "You see I'm wearing womens shoes, right?" She showed me what they had, which wasn't much. A pair of Cinderella slingback heels stood out, but overall everything just wasn't very functional. I'd have DIED for some of the styles they had to be in my size - some natural colored ankle boots, some slides, and some peep-toe ankle strap heels to name a few - but alas, nothing. I was comtemplating buying the Cinderella heels just as a token of gratitude, but didn't do it. A fruitless endeavor, but a positive one nonetheless. My confidence is up because of this.

I've never had a bad reaction. Usually the contrary. I don't shop in conservative-looking stores though. The sales people usually know you are buying for yourself. About the best was when I bought some boots similar to the picture, running shoe style with round toe, but with a slightly thicker heel than pictured below. I asked if they had a 9 (US womens 9) a common size, but the salesgirl asked if they were for me. The boots were already on sale, something like half price, but when I went to the checkout, the manager or owner (I think he saw me trying them on) said he was giving me another 10 percent off!

Posted Image

oh my, you got a wonderful deal. great things seem to happen to the other members here. i'm just waiting for my go-round... I'm sure I'll get mine soon. I just wish I wore a better common size. This US13 just ain't cuttin' it...