0-2"...2-4"...4"+....thick or thin?

e

Try as I might to lift this forum out of the doldrums of the past few weeks,I can't seem to stimulate much discussion with good news reports from Rochester,NY,etc. So here's another attempt. I buy my wife new shoes in all the catagories listed above, i.e., 0-2 inch heels,2-4 inch heels,and 4 inch plus heels. Sometimes the heels are thick or thin (stiletto). This is what those heel heights mean to me as I look for her footwear. 0-2 inch heels: uniform of the day,like jeans or sneakers. Comfort and seriousness of purpose are essential. 2-4 inch heels: I want her to be seen as attractive,and comfort and seriousness are still understood. 4 inch plus heels: i want to see her as a sex object, in the very best sense of the words. NOTHING dirty, suggestive,or perjorative is implied. She looks great !! Thick or thin: here is where the line is blurred. I don't know where a 5 inch block heel always fits into these categories. Your thoughts on all of this is appreciated. Thanks.

If she has any doubts at all take her to Italy. We were there for a week and I did not see one chunky heel. All stilettos and some of the most gorgeous heels I have seen. Lots of boots and again all stilletto heels. We frequented several shoe stores (they are everywhere) but didn't buy anything. The craftsmanship on the sewing and the leather were awesome. Prices in that category of quality ranged from 200-800 Euros. Even on the cobblestone streets they seem to manage with the spike heels. I was amazed. One girl was in 4" pumps and navigating some very severe cobblestone in a tight skirt and my wife looked at me and asked me if I thought I could walk in those. My answer was the obvious one.. take care and good luck talking her into the stillettos...

Just for the record, My original post was trying to categorize heels I see on the street AND ones I buy for the wife. In each category, some of the ones I buy for her have been "hits" , and some have been returned... I was trying to further a discussion about heels, trying to see if others made the same mental categorizations that I do. What do you think?

e wrote: "Thick or thin: here is where the line is blurred. I don't know where a 5 inch block heel always fits into these categories." I don't think you're getting much response, since you're heel height comments, seem pretty true, and the question seems to be directed more to female members. There just aren't many female members here to respond. Seems to me, thinner heels and toes usually trend to dressier more fem styles, while thicker (block/chunky) heels and toes are generally more casual and more gender neutral, regardless of heel height. To me, anything much over 4-5 inches regardless of heel thickness, is moving into fetish territory. I prefer styles I might actually see or wear on the street, in the general public, for myself, or females I know.