shoe advertising in print

dressboots

I've noticed that vendors are making a point of labeling shoes and boots mens or womens; for her, for him; etc.; in their print inserts we get with our newwpaper. I remember years ago that this was not a common practice. It gave me lots of opportunity to walk into stores with advertising copy in hand lookign for the item(s) advertised. Of course the store clerks pointed out I had the wrong (gender) items in mind but it did provide wme with a way to approach the issue. Merchants love it when their advertising works but most seemed taken back by my approach though none acted hostile about it. Might others have been using this strategy, thus the trend toward being sure prospective customers know which is which? My wife has wide feet and has met resistance from store clerks when she attempts to purchase men's shoes, in "unisex" styles. She has a better chance of having a good fit. I wonder if this is a trend not just brought on by men attempting to purchase heels but also women buying men's shoes?

classic style high heel boots

Only twice do I remember a sales person even mentioning I was in the womens section, or had a shoe from the womens section.. both were with athletic shoes amazingly...

The more recent one was just a couple weeks ago at a Nordstrom sale.. I was trying to buy a pair of these puma driving shoes, problem is they don't carry all men's shoes down to my size.. so I may have to go to the womens side to get what I want, even if it's exactly the same as what the mens section sells.

Oh well

Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

hi there!!! :D well I NEVER go into "mens" shoe dept. in ANY store!! my feet ALWAYS fit better in womens sizes, not to mention that its the BOOTS that I mostly try on (& buy ofocourse) :) but in this case when the same type of style comes in womens & mens, I always go for the former! a snugger fit in womens size 9 which is the same as mens size 7- I think they form better to my feet in the long run. yours, Brad

men still look good with pants tucked into the right boots!