We must face facts...

e

Went to a summer wedding yesterday, and I can report that only the 14-16 olds were wearing high heels. Why do so many good looking adult ladies cede the "high heel" ground to the young teenagers in the summer months The wife was even remarking on the young ladies shoes...

weddings should be a day of dressing up and ladies wearing lovely shoes. the last wedding i went to there was only 1 young lady (late 20's?) with sexy heels, a perfect pair of black stiletto heeled court shoes - a beutiful sight.

I guess people get tired of wearing them as they get into their 30's and 40's. It's for the same kind of reasons that it's mainly younger people who drink to excess and do drugs or drive cars erratically or play excessively loud music. They do so because it makes them feel grown up and they haven't yet fully experienced the down sides of such activities.

I guess people get tired of wearing them as they get into their 30's and 40's. It's for the same kind of reasons that it's mainly younger people who drink to excess and do drugs or drive cars erratically or play excessively loud music. They do so because it makes them feel grown up and they haven't yet fully experienced the down sides of such activities.

Their feet hurt!

Over time, the cushioned padding in the soles of your foot (well, your average foot) breaks down. As the average person ages, less padding = more pain = less heel wear.

In fact, the latest Hollywood fad is to get collagen injections in the pads cushioning the ball of the foot so as to keep wearing higher heels. There's some speculation as to how long, if at all, this really works, but many middle-aged women are shelling out $1,200 every six months for it.

For those who have no problem wearing heels as you advance in years, I congratulate you and your body for scoring well above the curve!

I think there's a difference in fashion too on age group. When I walk round town at lunch time, there's many more middle aged (say 40's+) aged ladies wearing heels than younger ladies, say 20's. Is this because they were wearing heels when stilettos were last in fashion like in the 80's?? and before..?