Men's Fashion - Skirts and Heels

genebujold

By statistical analysis, Graham's lifestyle is not "unconventional" at all. Men have worn skirts for perhaps 50,000 to 200,000 years, and heels for the majority of the last 500 years (most of the time since heels were invented). A full two thirds of the men on this planet have worn unbifurcated garments on a regular basis in the last year.

I see nothing unconventional about it, except within the context of very myopic fashion trends. Guys in skirts, heels, and both, is more than a growing trend. It's a norm exercised by men around the world for millenia, and is still being exercised today (heels being the more modern exception, but certainly being worn by men, as well).

• 3 weeks later...

Lance, the owner of Midas, posts occasionally on imff.net (where I note dr1819 as a recent member). His point on pricing on "men's skirts" is that the market is still small. It's essentially a cottage industry; they don't sell many garments, and they still have to eat. Hence the high prices.

Those who have an interest in fashion freedom may want to poke their noses into that forum as well. http://www.imff.net - sometimes worth a look on this topic.

- Peter

I've now left HHPlace. Feel free to use the means listed in my profile if you wish to contact me.

Those who have an interest in fashion freedom may want to poke their noses into that forum as well. http://www.imff.net - sometimes worth a look on this topic.

- Peter

Alternatively, they can simply forge ahead with one of the offerings from Roaman's or Eddie Bauer.

There are lots of makes of large-sized skirts out there who's offerings are fairly masculine, no lace, frills, etc., including flies that open to the right.

Just go hunting!

A copy of my latest posting on this site (don't know if they'll post it, but stay tuned...:

A man wearing a skirt is NOT "cross-dressing," as men have worn skirts for nearly all of the last 100,000 years (Jesus wore robes), and about a third of the men on this planet still wear male unbifurcated garments/MUGs(skirts), mostly throughout Southeast Asia, Oceana, and Africa.

It's only throughout the idiotic, "I can't do anything that differs from anyone else" Western World that pant wear has become the norm. Those who oppose men wearing skirts need to get a clue and realize that part of the reason behind the population growth in the west is because a man's pair requires cooling for the proper formation of his contribution to the beginning of life, and that skirts afford him this cooling, while pants do not. God said, "be fruitful and multiply." Therefore, pants are Satan's design to prevent Christian men from doing so. Remember that nearly all Muslim men still wear either skirts or robes, and remain quite fruitfull. Don't be hoodwinked! Pants are for the fallen who follow societal fashion, rather than following Jesus, who never wore bifurcated garments.

A copy of my latest posting on this site (don't know if they'll post it, but stay tuned...:

A man wearing a skirt is NOT "cross-dressing," as men have worn skirts for nearly all of the last 100,000 years (Jesus wore robes), and about a third of the men on this planet still wear male unbifurcated garments/MUGs(skirts), mostly throughout Southeast Asia, Oceana, and Africa.

...Those who oppose men wearing skirts need to get a clue and realize that part of the reason behind the population growth in the west is because a man's pair requires cooling for the proper formation of his contribution to the beginning of life, and that skirts afford him this cooling, while pants do not. God said, "be fruitful and multiply." Therefore, pants are Satan's design to prevent Christian men from doing so... Pants are for the fallen who follow societal fashion, rather than following Jesus, who never wore bifurcated garments.

Excellent point, Dr1819! My lord Christ never wore Hagar Slacks. He didn't carry the King James Bible either.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

http://www.doyle.com.au/tartan_traditional.htm

Now, I've seen a lot of talk about guys wearing skirts and kilts (and they absolutely are NOT the same), but precious little about heels. Well I have been out in both. The last time I had a full beard, a Blackwatch kilt, and 4" heels. Now I'll admit that there's no history of the Scotts wearing high heels in their colorful history. But I ain't in Scotland, and I've never been there either. After all, why must I dress for others? So why can't I dress for me in the here and now?

...Still, my point is that I believe there are ways for guys to dress up sharp without spending an arm and a leg to do so. Also, I must say that I've never had a pair of pants or trousers that offered me the freedom of a kilt or a skirt. - Guy N. Heels

And, just this past week-end I again donned my kilt and 4" heels. Only this time I decided to go with my black White Mountain 4" wedgies with 1" plats and black pantyhose. I have also decided to convert a wide belt to hold my sporan in front, but since I don't have an authentic sporan I'm using a suitable purse instead. I thought it looked sharp.:biggrin:

As for the video, I'm not having much luck with it either.

In fact, if it wasn't for the bad luck I wouldn't be having any at all.:rocker:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Its not only men who have a problem wearing skirts. I found these two post from womem on a fashion forum !? can anyone give me advice? I want to be more feminine in my appearance and persona but don't know where to begin. Also - big problem - i'm at college. I'd really love to wear pencil skirts and heels but I'm afraid of standing out too much. I'm just so bored of jeans and drabness and want to start feeling like a girl. youre definitiely right that a lot of us would prefer to wear skirts but somehow don't. Not wanting to stand out is part of it - a few years ago I worked in an old fashioned firm where women wernt allowed to wear trousers. I hated it at first, and was flabergasted when a friend told me in the ladies that she envied me having to wear skirts all the time. She said she would love to but didn't have the courage to be the odd girl out when all her colleagues wore trousers.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"

Its not only men who have a problem wearing skirts. I found these two post from womem on a fashion forum !?

can anyone give me advice? I want to be more feminine in my appearance and persona but don't know where to begin. Also - big problem - i'm at college. I'd really love to wear pencil skirts and heels but I'm afraid of standing out too much. I'm just so bored of jeans and drabness and want to start feeling like a girl.

youre definitiely right that a lot of us would prefer to wear skirts but somehow don't. Not wanting to stand out is part of it - a few years ago I worked in an old fashioned firm where women wernt allowed to wear trousers. I hated it at first, and was flabergasted when a friend told me in the ladies that she envied me having to wear skirts all the time. She said she would love to but didn't have the courage to be the odd girl out when all her colleagues wore trousers.

Here is the link:

http://chat.dailymail.co.uk/dailymail/threadnonInd.jsp?forum=296&thread=9782305&message=12378724

-- Brandy

Yeah, I know, but that's not the cause. It won't stream/download, and Firefox locks up.

Try this (from this forum, after searching on RealPlayer):

OK, I just recently did a clean install of Edgy Eft 6.10 on my laptop, so at the prompting of your post, I decided to re-install RealPlayer as well. I don't often have a need for it, but sometimes it is handy. Here is what I did:

1) Go to http://www.real.com and in the upper right is RealPlayer for Linux.

2) Download the file RealPlayer10GOLD.bin to a folder of your choice. I chose ~/bin.

3) From a command line Terminal: Code:

$ cd ~/bin

$ chmod +x RealPlayer10GOLD.bin

$ ./RealPlayer10GOLD.bin

4) Follow the prompts. I chose to install RealPlayer in the default location (current directory) ~/bin/RealPlayer

5) Open Firefox. Check about:plugins and you should have: Quote:

Helix DNA Plugin: RealPlayer G2 Plug-In Compatible

File name: /home/youraccountname/bin/RealPlayer/mozilla/nphelix.so

Helix DNA Plugin: RealPlayer G2 Plug-In Compatible version 0.4.0.622 built with gcc 3.2.0 on Jul 18 2006

MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled

audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin RealPlayer Plugin Metafile rpm Yes

6) The first time you click on a Real Media type file while browsing, Firefox will prompt you to "Open with" or "Save to disk". In the "Open with" dropdown box, click Other and browse to ~/bin/RealPlayer/realplay. You can check the box for "Do this from now on" if you wish.

So it appears that your plugin is installed correctly, and it may just be step 6 that has gone haywire. In that case, go to Edit > Preferences > Content > File Types > Manage... and remove the download action for any RealMedia document types you see there. That should cause Firefox to re-prompt you with the "Open with" or "Save to disk" dialog box whenever you next click on a RealMedia file. Then you can just repeat step 6.