Ballet-Heels as foot-training device

Mickey S.

Folks, it just happened to me. I had some spare minutes, noone around and I felt like it's about time for thigh high ballet boots. A minute later or so I found my legs wrapped in these beatiful stretch patent boots. I got up and walked around a bit. But, wait a minute, usually it takes me some cycles of sit-down-and-get-up to be able to walk around. Obviously I made some progress. -- A couple of days ago I did something similar in my ballets but I had to sit and stand alternatively for some times until standing and walking worked for me. But that time I extended my 'stand'-phase to approx. 1 hour doing this and that, flipping through pages of some books from my shelf that I'd never reached w/o these heels unless I'd used a chair. ;o) Once I had enough I spent the most of the rest of the day sitting and reading but wearing my ballets. But today it was different. As mentioned above already I didn't have to do the warm up phase and could directly go for some steps. And I maneuvered around quite well. Then I felt like it was time for some lower heels as I put on my 5" inch knee high blade heel boots. Woah! :roll: I couldn't almost believe it! It was like if the heel was cut in half at least. Thinking about that I came across the idea what my 7" (actually 18cm) heels would feel like. I got them out of the corner put them on and :D suddenly I was able to take some steps in them as well. I could straighten my knees (somehow I find that it's easier to control ballet boots than extremely high heeled 'regular shaped' pumps)!!! I'd never thought that it would once become possible. Stepping down from the ballet heels the 7" felt just about right. I used this effect until my muscles didn't want to give support anymore. I'm right now wearing my 6" (15cm) heels w/ no problems - as if they were flats. Did that happen to one/some of you as well? All the time there are advices on how to get used to ballets practicing in super-high heels beforehand! This time ballets were used to manage 7" heels. That's odd. Anyway, I'm kinda happy about this progress!!! :) CU! -Mike

I'd belive that wearing ballet heels helps out when it comes to 5-7" heels, especially the Devious ballet boots as they hold the foot in a position that is a bit more sever then other heels. Congradulations on being able to walk right off in your boots on this attempt :roll: I just got my zip up devious thigh boots, and with limited testing I think these will work quite well for walking around, after just a hair more practice/stretching gets me to the point I can stand w/o bending my knees :) although, the stretch zip boots do not hold the ankles in position quite as well as the ankle boots, so I may stick with those while hanging out on the couch. Great to hear of your progress. Good luck! Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

i thought of something similar too. ot with ballet heels though. i recently got my 5.5in boots which im training my feet to, and thought about getting some 6 or 7in heels to make it easier to step back into 5.5, but was unsure how good an investment it would be. normally higher heels arent the cheapest