New to group...

NikkiHH

Hi, I just joined the group after reading some of the threads! Wow, its great to know that there are people like me! I'm somewhat envious of all those who go out in their heels - I've only been out at night in low heels and my 2" wedge knee boots. I'm building up the confidence to go out in public (not at night!) in my 3" block heels...oooh eerrrrr! Its good that people are out there changing attitudes to men in heels - I only hope that I get as good a reaction as some of those I have been reading about! Bye NikkiHH

welcome pal. you find that from people who dont know you, the vast majority dont even notice, and them who do dont bother to even react anyway. theres only the odd narrow minded few who think its hilariously unusual, and who cares what they think anyway. The board here helped me advance from never daring to pubicly wear heels, to going out on a few meets with the board members, and a few heeled trips with my girlfriend (see London Trip thread) I hope that the board will encourage you to go and do what you really want to. I cant say how family and friends react as im still working on that myself. Daz

I suppose it really shows who really is a friend. I was planning to tell a close friend of mine and decided to test the water by going out one evening with him whilst wearing fairly tight leather jeans. All he said was "Are those leather? I haven't seen those before, didn't think they would go with the rest of your wardrobe. Cool." And that was it! I was planning to meet up with him again, but this time wearing boots, but he's since moved away so I haven't had the chance to tell him. He also told me that people shold just do what they want to do without being judged and that everybody is individual. Which is refresheshing when these days there seems to be so much pressure to conform to what ever the latest craze is. Should be heels in my opinion! NikkiHH

It is interesting that there are ways of sensing the potential acceptance capacity of the people who surrounds you and not yet know that you are into heels. One of the most revealing in my experience is their kind of comments regarding new fashion trends. Open minded comments who show a broad range of acceptance concening shapes, colours, materials, etc., and some liking of the fact that sometimes you have to go a bit against the the "common rules" is an excellent indicator that such person could be seriously confronted with the idea of seeing you in heels in a potentially successful way. After all, nobody is going to break relationships from you because you try on a "funny" shirt or sweater. Risk is minimal, and the information gathered can be the key to open a further step.