The '79 Convention in Las Vegas.

In 1979 I attended a legal convention in Las Vegas. It was pretty typical during the day with lectures & seminars, but the evenings were special! People still dressed to go to the shows then and it gave me a chance to go all out! I took three beaded gowns, 7 pairs of Stilettos and enough hardware (jewelry) for a small hardware store!

The first night we went to Caesars' Palace where Joan Rivers' show was. I wore a turquoise & silver cocktail length dress, suntan hose with my strappy silver 5.5" stiletto heels that had beaded trim.

Even though we had reservations it was still accepted that for a really good seat you had to "Tip" the Maitre' ! We layed a 50 on her landing us in the ringside seats! Joan was great! She was wearing an off the shoulder directionally beaded floor length gown with matching 4.5" Stilettos!

The second night I wore RED, baby! Drappy sleeves, padded shoulders and plunging V-neckline, again, knee length with red pantyhose and red patent 5.5" Stiletto pumps. We went to see Ferrante' & Teischer who were amazing! I was in my Stilettos for 7 hours! It was wonderful.

The third night was a blue cap sleeved, sweetheart neckline, satin cocktail number with Black patent 5.5" Stiletto pumps and jet black seemed cuban heeled hose. We saw "Les Girls" at the Riveria followed by dancing at the MGM Grand. . . staying out 'till the sun was rising.

I LIKED 'Vegas when the Mob owned it. No kids. Not that I dislike children but . . . People dressed up then. 'Vegas was for adults as opposed to what it is now, Disneyland with slot machines and a different theme hotel/resort leaping up out of the sand almost monthly.

Give me the Rat Pack & wiseguys any old day!

Ciao!

Anita C.

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.