Juliette Binoche in "Jet Lag"

A while ago I saw a movie called "Jet lag" (and in a plane, of all places...) which is the english name for a french movie called "Décalage horaire". Its a romantic comedy with a french chic, telling the story of a worn-out businessman (Jean Reno) and a beautician on the run (Juliette Binoche) which collide in a Paris airport and at the end fall in love.

Here is the reason I mention this film here:

Posted Image

Binoche walks around the whole film wearing these great slingbacks. She takes them off in a hotel room scene and then she walks on her toes as if she is can't walk without heels. I wonder if this is something she added to her role or if is the way she walks.

Here are more "heely" photos from the movie and the set:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

More pictures can be found in this web site

Binoche walks around the whole film wearing these great slingbacks. She takes them off in a hotel room scene and then she walks on her toes as if she is can't walk without heels. I wonder if this is something she added to her role or if is the way she walks.

I was at a party on Saturday, and a very attractive girl of around 18/19 had on some very nice white stiletto sandals with around 4 inch heels. As the dancing progressed, many of the girls took their shoes of and danced in bare feet. (I always find this tacky.)

This girl was one of the last ones still dancing in heels, but eventually took hers off around half an hour before the end. She then danced and moved around on her toes as if she still had on invisible 3 inch heels, not putting her heels down to the ground once.

:D

It may be because she was concerned about the floor being dirty, but the thought went through my mind that maybe she couldn’t walk without heels. Her legs certainly looked just as attractive like this as they did in shoes.

At the end, most of the girls stayed in bare feet, but she put her shoes straight back on.

Hey Jeff, I did not notice this until now. You are correct, it does not look like the shoes in the other photos. I guess this is a continuity problem and somebody made a mistake. You have a good eye for detail... :D