New year -> new boots

RonH

I started this new year very well by treating myself on a new pair of boots. I already did two long public walks in them (a couple of hours). Almost no one noticed. Only one woman gave my boots a good look, but she said nothing. Due to the stretch material they are very comfortable to wear.

Posted Image

Welcome. Very nice boots. You should be able to get away with these boots anytime. I bet the women that gave you looks, wasn't even looking at the boots. Even in my most conservative work environment (where I wouldn't even dare to consider serious heels) I have worn 2" heels like this and noone has ever blinked.

Thanks for the positive feedback. I bought these boots at Wessels shoeshop in Vreden, Germany. They have a website www.wessels-schuhe.com. No pictures, but only textual information. They really have a large selection of regular streetwear in large sizes (EUR 42-47). They are closed during the month February! Since it was end of season I got a discount of EUR 15 and paid EUR 110.

Some answers: 1. Are they leather? I'm not sure. I think part is of leather and part of some artificial material. I have a pair of the same manufacturer (Remonte Pro) which is made entirely of leather. It has a zipper on the side. So if you're looking for full leather ones you can still go to Vreden. 2. Is the heel a stacked leather or composite heel, or is it a loud clacky plastic one? The heel is partly hollow, but not very noisy. The pair I mentioned above is even less noisier. Please remember that Wessels is closed in February and as of March 1st they have their summer collection in the shop. No boots I guess ...

Hey, thanks, RonH - appreciate the reply. One of the most comfortable pair of boots I ever had was a pair of my first, about three years ago. They were 100% leather, with 2-3/4" stacked leather heels (cowgirl style), side-zip boots, mid-calf length. Since I got them at the thrift store, they were decently broken in. And since they looked pretty much like guy's boots with a riding heel, I wore them all the time - nary a glance from anyone. Terrific boots! And quiet heels.