Defective Boots

I am really not happy about this. I bought two pair of nine west boots and now both squeak when I walk. Bad thing is I can also feel it. The newest pair does it the worst. Its just one boot from each pair. I just got the one pair back from the shoe shop. He can't fix it. I contacted nine west and they will look at the boots to see about a refund but that's not what I want I want the boots but can't find them anymore. The squeak is in the shank and not the heel. Because of the design he can't get in there to fix it Sad day

I have one pair of Frye's and one pair of Steve Madden that squeak.  They are in the bottoms somewhere.  I think they must be using poor adhesives or not enough.  Still they charge enough for these products (especially Frye) to have quality problems. 

The shank is normally riveted to the Insole and if one of the rivets comes adrift they will squeak. They are unrepairable without taking the sole off and re-riveting.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Another source of squeaks that I have personally experienced is a cracked heel block allowing slippage of the spike inside.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

The shank is normally riveted to the Insole and if one of the rivets comes adrift they will squeak. They are unrepairable without taking the sole off and re-riveting.

This is quite correct the only way to repair is to completely strip the shoe/boot down.

Could not be repaired. Its the shank part. I have them on today. Just gonna have to wear them. Nine west may give me my money back but I like the boots too much.