I Don't Think "they" Care.

Stilletto2004

Yep yep. Its still a touchy subject but even though I'm still obviously in SC I can't really tell since I moved to a much MUCH larger area. I swear its like night and day. yea sure its the south and its South Carolina but people always seem more tolerant and understanding in larger cities. I still have no confidence to heel again anytime soon but I'd like to think that when I get to that point it will be different. Thanks for all the support guys and gals.

Life is like a good shoe store, the more variety the better!

HHL86, I grew up in the south (US.) I lived for 20 years in the southwest. I have now lived in the northwest for 20 years. I have learned that most anywhere you may be, there is some percentage of genuine cretins. Sadly, you managed to cross paths with a small concentration of them. Glad you are OK, best wishes going forward. Regards, Logjam

Thanks again. I don't know what the policy is on cross-referencing threads but under "Ultra High Heels"/"Weird Dreams, Ballet Boots" is a story that something possessed me to share. Its very very long but its something that A) is very important to me, and B) is a dream that I have had countless times and might not only give some insight into who I am but is also a very powerful story I think. I encourage you all to read it as it does have some connection with the events I spoke of earlier in this thread. I've never told anyone of this dream until now and honestly I feel very, serene, now that I've shared it. If anyone wants to re-post it or needs to move it to another, more fitting thread feel free and thanks again.

Life is like a good shoe store, the more variety the better!