Heels And Gravity Center

Marion

We all know the influence of heels on our gravity center, but here is a test that proves it ! I used my Wii balance board and I found this (sorry Wii fit is in French as it is my native language, but words aren't really important here) : Here is the first result when I am barefooted on the balance board : post-1845-0-51625900-1348861022_thumb.jp Then when I wear 2" heels (5cm) : post-1845-0-71590500-1348861038_thumb.jp Then when I switch to 3.5" heels (8cm) : post-1845-0-43251800-1348861054_thumb.jp And finally when I wear 4.5" heels (11cm) : post-1845-0-27501000-1348861068_thumb.jp As you can see, my gravity center is far from where it should be when I'm barefooted, and gets better as I wear higher heels. It seems that the best heel height for me would be around 4" (10cm). Now I am curious and I would know if any of you have already done that test ?

No wii here to try it but I do know due to my injury my head/neck is out of line with my body. In heels the seem to pull me more upright and realigns the shoulders to reduce the pain. I like to see a few other results. Al

There will be a shift in your center of gravity (forward) that is probably greater than this test shows. The difficult thing with a simple test like this is that it doesn't just show the shift imparted by the heels, but the wearer's ability to under/over correct for the shift. Pretty sure the results would be found to be unreliable if you sampled a larger group of people because everyone's corrective response will be different.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

There will be a shift in your center of gravity (forward) that is probably greater than this test shows. The difficult thing with a simple test like this is that it doesn't just show the shift imparted by the heels, but the wearer's ability to under/over correct for the shift. Pretty sure the results would be found to be unreliable if you sampled a larger group of people because everyone's corrective response will be different.

That's exactly why I'm asking if anyone has similar test results !