What age did you start to wear heels?

Fred

What age did you start to wear heels? What where your first heel experiences like? Was this the best age to start wearing heels? Who introduced you to heels? Cheers Fred PS I have asked this before on the old forum.

hellOz, I started to wear heels around 14. That when i our feet stop forming. ( did i use the rite word ?) In my country and other asian countries, we all have a fixed uniform for school. (I think HK is the same right, Debbie?) So i have no choice but to wear those flat loafer. B) However i normally wear 3 inch heels to church. My mom never really anguered with me cause she a heels collector too ! B) I feel that the best age is 15 years old to wear heels( 3'> ).However, those who wish of wearing 2 inch and below can start wearing at the age of 12 too.. :smile:

Hiya Mel, It's the same in Australia, school uniform no heels. Once out of school, ie, into the workforce or university, then there's no restriction on wearing real shoes, heels (at least here in Australia). I won't comment to much on the age factor, just to say you're right in that when the feet are fully formed is probably the best time to start. That can vary from person to person. Inga :smile:

HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER.

Hi, same in the UK re school uniform - no heels higher than one inch :smile: when I was there Although now I see many girls wearing at least three inch heels with their uniform! I started wearing heels at about the age of 14 and it was my Grandmother who introduced me to them! jo-jo xx

Don't ask me how I walk in them just try a pair

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday, I saw a young junior college girl (17 years old or so) donning her school t-shirt, shorts and stiletto heeled mules (about 3.5 inches). She was heading towards the gym in the health club. Even though I was in 4 inch heels, I could not help but stare at her because, besides me, she is the the other known student that I come across, wearing stiletto heels.

Cheers,

Nata

I started to wear high heeled wedge heels, when i was 12, to go to highschool. In Belgium there is no uniform so when i reached age 13-14 I already was wearing 3 inch heels, at the end of highschool i was already wearing 4 inch, 4,5 inch heels to school and even sometimes 4.5-5 inch heels to go out when i was going out starting from age 15-16.

I started wearing heels at 7. I was doing ballet folklorico dancing since I was 7, and we wore 2 inch heels to dance in. (Ballet Folklorico is Spanish Dancing, like Flamenco..) Anyway, since I pretty much 'grew up' in heels, I got really comfortable wearing them. I had dance practise 3 days a week, and had performances a number of times a month. My feet were strong from doing years of classical ballet, too. I have loved heels ever since, and now buy really tall heels, 5 inches and up. :smile:

So many shoes, so little time...

• 1 month later...

I was 12, when my mother allowed me to wear 2" heels for a shopping trip. In Argentina we also had school uniforms, but to wear very high heels was very common in our country. As I had ballet lessons I had no difficulties to adapt to high heels at all. My mother liked it when she saw me wearing sexy shoes and she encouraged me. Today the normal heels are 3 or 4 inches during the day, up to 6 inches when I am not working.

Never without 5" heels, and always with a very short skirt

What age did you start to wear heels? I started wearing about a 2 inch heel when I was 12. I started wearing a 4 inch heel when I was 16. What where your first heel experiences like? Everyone was either asking me how I could walk in them or telling me I was going to break my neck. Was this the best age to start wearing heels? Yes. Who introduced you to heels? A friends little sister who was getting rid of some shoes.

• 2 years later...

I wore my sisters platform mules at age 14 and fell in love with them, I wore them all the time when she wasnt wearing them, then I brought my own pair and have enjoyed wearing platform shoes ever since.

I don't know exactly when, but judging by where we were living at the time I must have been quite young, perhaps 7 or 8. My Mum had a lovely pair of stilettos in a sort of metallic green, with pointed toes. I don't know what height, but I think the standard height in those days was 21/2" or 3", perhaps equivalent to 4" or 41/2" the way they are measured nowadays. I used to slop around in them when they were much too big for me, then when I grew out of them I borrowed my sister's when she was away. Stilettos were right out of fashion when I was in my teens, but I usually managed to find some tucked away at the back of shops or in secondhand shops. Mum had some higher shoes too, but none with that wonderful slender heel, and I've loved stilettos ever since.

• 2 months later...

I think this subject is supposed to be for the girls to answer, and the Guys forum area has its own thread for this. But what do I know. And I was wearing heels at 15, but not regularly. I went into full swing of mid heels at 23, and then at 27 decided to go gor high heels and very high heels.

• 4 months later...

I wore my first pair of heels at 13. 2.5" I seem to remember. I started wearing stiletto's - 5" baby pink strappy sandals - when I first went on a date at 14 and didn't stop afterwards. I was bought my first pair of thigh length boots by a boyfriend when I was 16 - he was a biker - black kid leather with 6" steel heels. I'd scrape them on the ground on the back of his bike and let sparks fly out behind us!!! I've never looked back with high heels. But then I'm 5'5" so they're a gift for me!!