Modifying Boots to look like New Rock (By J)

bigj3650

Ok it isnt my first post but it is my first PROPER post....anyway

I have a pair of heels that i would like to wear out...i think i could modify them to look like "new rock" boots :x but im not sure i want to wear them out but i would like one of the girls i talk to, to hide me a little, till

Pardon the pun

Find my feet

anyone have any ideas??

(no on the mod....but it would be helpful)

J :(:(:(

well firefox they the shoes i am trying to modify are well shoes but i am using parts for my new rocks to kinda make them look like it till i get my feet then i will be wearing heels all the time (from new rock..haha)

the shoes in question are the ones on the front page of my website

www.js-high-heels.i8.com

(those are the ones i am going to modify...hopfully)

Well the first thing I'd do is fill in most of the gap between the heel and the sole, so you have a high wedge with at most a 1-2" heel at the back, or no heel depending on the style you want.There are a variety of ways to do this. One would be to cut out two metal plates and screw them into the platform and the heel with 1 1/4" chipboard screws. The fill the space in between the plates with lightweight car body filler. You can leave the plates silver or paint them in black hammerite. Next, study carefully various new rock boots and work out a design. You can use parts from another pair if you want. Screw and nail plates and studs onto the plat, into the filler and into the heel to complete the design.

You don't need to attach it at the top, either side will do.If you are not careful the car body filler will crack and fall out when the shoe flexes so the plates are a good idea.

Other tricks are notch the sole at the side to create a rugged tread look sole (important) and fix a metal plate round the back of the heel if you like that style:

Before:

Posted Image

After typical mods:

Posted Image

If you are not very handy, this will be easy to make a mess out of!

This is a very easy way to wear 4" heels 1" plat anywhere you want. And New Rock is primarly a rugged guys style though it's officially unisex, so noone can accuse you of wearing girls shoes if you are worried about that.