Bent Knees

Have you ever been hanging around a restaurant, noticed a woman walking with bent knees, and thought to yourself, "I can't wait until she walks by and check out her hooker footware".... only to discover she's wearing ugly, 1.5" blocky heels and is wobbling around like a 14 year old in her first pair of 6" hooker heels? I've seen this a couple of times in the last week, or so. On the flip side, there are some women where I work who have mad skills and elegance with some pretty nice heels.

Edited by weaknees

Around here I see young women all the time who can't walk properly in flat shoes much less anything with a heel. Their posture is horrendous. Another example of parents who don't care enough to correct their children's posture but simply allow them to continue with bad posture habits until it becomes permanant. Very unattractive. I remember my parents insisting on good posture when I was young and not to slouch and so on. And guess what, it worked!

• Like 1

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Our girls have done ballet lessons since they were about four and it really has helped with their posture, but i'm not sure how they will cope with high heels later :D

Around here I see young women all the time who can't walk properly in flat shoes much less anything with a heel. Their posture is horrendous. Another example of parents who don't care enough to correct their children's posture but simply allow them to continue with bad posture habits until it becomes permanant. Very unattractive. I remember my parents insisting on good posture when I was young and not to slouch and so on. And guess what, it worked!

It's important for two reasons. To start with, anything wrong starts to hurt eventually. Forty or fifty years is a long time for bones and muscles etc to be holding all that weight in the wrong place. It'll be even worse in another twenty or thirty.

Secondly, posture is an aspect of body language. Children need to be taught to think about what they want to say about themselves. When I had to teach gym or dance classes I liked to use the school video camera so the children could learn to see how they looked to others and how they could make it look better. There's no reason they'd understand it unless they were taught, and gym and dance are sadly starved of funds and time in our schools.

(How silly I am. I spent minutes wondering where the quote button had gone before I remembered that I just logged off before changing my mind and reading the thread. Dopey me)

Edited by meganiwish