On-line shops are great but...

Taccofan

Hello all,

Many of us buy shoes from on-line shops because it is so easy. But there is one problem which I have often crash. It is at many of these shops don't sell Internationally. In US there is one company who help forigners, because they give you an US address which you can give to US shops and then you can make shoppings like any US person. And when your merchantiles comes to this addresses they resend your shoppings directly to your home where ever country you live.

I would like often buy shoes from Germany (like www.albamoda.de) and UK On-line shops, but they are just kind at they don't sell Internationally. So, I wonder, because in this site, here is many people from Germany and UK, would they like help guys like me to buy shoes from this kind On-line shops?

And sorry this terrible english.

Don't worry about the English Tacco, we get what you are saying :( Yes some online shops don't actually sell internationally. Some US ones will only ship in the US etc. It is a drawback, but a bigger drawback is that you can't try on the shoes. How anyone can buy shoes without trying them on I shall never know. OK, you can always send them back and get another pair if they don't fit, but how much time and hassle is that, what with postage, time, and handling costs to think about too. They don't suit me, but no doubt these online shops are very useful for some people.

Yes, online shops are great when there isn't much available locally, as is often the case for large sizes. They are also convenient and often cheaper than stores, if you can find the same thing in stores. However, even when you know the brand and model, I have found quite a bit of variation in fit, for some reason. I have found a couple of brand models I can rely on, but there is no sure substitute for trying them on before buying.

Where I live, in the UK, there must be at least 40 shoe shops within 10km of here, so going shopping is no problem. However, in remote parts of the US, Australia, and in less developed countries, and so on, I guess that there really isn't much in small local shops and so online shopping is probably the best thing since sliced bread for a large number of people.

I have bought about ten shoes by mail order and only one time size was too big. And that's because a clerk didn't know his job and shoes very well. If you know all important measures about your own foot and if clerk can do his job well, there is quit small risk to get wrong size. Maybe this don't works for everybody well, but I'm lucky because my size is uk 7,5 and I have very narrow foot, just like a female foot. Also it is good if you know were the shoes are made in. Like Italy, they make usually quit narrow shoes. I live in Finland and we don't have so many shoe shops who even sells good high heel shoes. And other thing is at trying womens shoes in the shop is too big step to me, at least today. And thank you HHDS. I browsing their sites ans shoes quit often and there is at least one pair black boots I'm interested to buy in near future...

Where I live, in the UK, there must be at least 40 shoe shops within 10km of here, so going shopping is no problem. However, in remote parts of the US, Australia, and in less developed countries, and so on, I guess that there really isn't much in small local shops and so online shopping is probably the best thing since sliced bread for a large number of people.

I believe the reason most men shop online is simply due to the lack of sizes / selections. For example, we have a similar number of shoe shops here in Vegas. Unfortunately, except for Payless and Nordstroms, none of them carry anything larger than a women's 11, and most only carry up to a 10. Therefore, if you wear a men's 9 or larger, you're either going online or are out of luck.