finding the right heel height

Quaddamage

Interesting. It makes my ideal heel height for everyday wear about three inches! Perhaps I need to show the site to my wife - although I'd need to translate it for her. Should I tell her it suggests five-inch heels all the time?

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

As a guy, I don't think there is any risk of wearing heels too often as flats are forced on me most of the time. Between work and other activities, heels are the exception despite my wanting to wear them all the time. Women are more likely to run the risk of over wearing heels and damaging their feet.

Hmm, I've looked through that article again and couldn't find any mention of alternating flats and heels. Is it in that article and I've missed it, or is it something they say elsewhere? Interestingly enough, I'm intrigued they should show a photo of Kate Moss in the context of people who should wear only flats or low heels in case they damage their feet, and say she prefers flat shoes (am liebsten?), as she often wears very high heels, so is not in this category.

John Milton

Ah, OK. I wasn't actually listening to it, as my German's not that good - I was just reading the text and assumed what was being said followed the text roughly.

John Milton

I read it (im from germany) and well, i dont agree. There is no perfect hight at all. A friend of mine feels comfortable in very high heels, although she has small feet, others can't even wear 3 inches - it differs from person to person... The perfect shoes for everyday are flat ones... Thats best for your feet and your spine. Wearing high heels (even if they are "low") from time to time is great, wearing them all day is definitely bad for your health.

Is that not the point, that all people have their own 'perfect' height for high heels? It depends on the flexibility of the ankle, demonstrated here by the angle a foot rests at. So if someone can't wear three-inch heels without looking like a duck, it's probably because their ankles don't flex enough from the 'flat' position and they can't straighten their knees. Not all flat shoes are better for your feet than high heels. Ballet pumps, for example, don't give the foot enough support. Anyway, I'm sure there are better things to argue about, and there will be as many opinions here as people! :irked:

John Milton

The last young woman in the video had a very high arch (such as mine) and the higher heel was more comfortable for her to wear. I could definitely relate to that. I think this article and video was trying to say that we all have different sizes, shapes, arches, toes of our feet, and one should take this into account when deciding on what type of footwear will be the most comfortable, as well as stylish.