Lunch on Sat 20 September. Meet at Platform 9 3/4 Kings X

Firefox

Lunch on Sat 20 September. Meet at Platform 9 3/4 Kings X at 1.00pm . I am meeting someone tomorrow, doing lunch and then maybe shoe shops. If anyone else wants to show up, feel free. Mobile (07941) 172043 if late/lost. PS Platform 9 3/4 is between platform 8 and platform 9. Really... it's true!

That's come up late, I'll try if I can. Look out for beard and cap. Might request a 'modification' consultancy session on something I'll bring along... _ Meanwhile, it is total myth that Queen Boudicca is buried under platform 10 at K.C. More likely she met her nemesis against the Romans somewhere near Mancetter or Lichfield off the A5/Watling Street ~ but no-one really knows. The old village where Kings' Cross stands now was indeed called 'Battlebridge'.

/I

OK a quick run down on what happenned: I met up with Dave and Ionic at 1.00pm, platform 9 3/4. We tried to find a pub outside Kings X but in the end settled for a pint in the Coopers Arms on platform 8. After chattting for an hour or so, Dave went off to do some site seeing in London, while Ionic and I contineud to Russel Square and had lunch and a bottle of red wine in a little Italian place. Although Ionic lives in London, he hadn't been down Camden for a while so we went up to there on the tube and visited some shoe places. I couldn't resist getting some Cowboy style leather Knee boots with 3 3/4" heel for £30. We went in another store and I had a bargaining session on a pair of leather ankle boots getting them down to again £30. Ionic decided he quite like some size 8 mules which fitted OK'ish originally £20 but last pair on sale. Anyway we went off without buying round the fetish market and then had a pint of Hoegarden in a pub by Camden lock. Returning to our shoe shop, I had another bargaining spree and we agreed to purchase the boots for £25 together with the mules for £8. £33 for two leather pairs originally costing £80 was not bad going. It is always worth bargaining in Camden especially in the smaller shops, as the ticket prices there are always too high. Ayway after that, Ionic and I went on our seperate ways to conclude another enjoyable day in London for me. See you all at the next one!

Firefox's bargaining skills are quite impressive indeed. The mules are as cute as a sz8 can be, and go clip clop nicely round the house. My pedometer read 5 for the day but it isn't properly calibrated ~ I reckon 3 is possible, certainly a milestone for me...

/I