Kali Knives

Out of curiosity, is anyone else here fascinated by exotic weapons, such as the Kris Knife, otherwise known as the blade of Kali, according to at least one web site?

Posted Image

No I don't get erotic feelings from them, lest someone here think of me as a PERVERT! :lol::lol:

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Sorry, but I'm not into knives like you are. But I do have a couple of questions. Why is the blade shaped liked that ? Doesn't it interfere with inserting it in the sheath or drawing it from the sheath in a hurry ?

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

The waves in the kris are claimed to have a cutting action similar to a serrated-edge knife. The number of waves have a religious significance. The waves do not interfere with the ability to draw the knife if the opening in the sheath is wide enough. Traditional krises from Indonesia and Malaysia are much cruder in appearance than the ones shown in the illustration.

Michael