Hi All

Banus

Hi I'm Eve, I am English and currently live in Spain. I am 36 Have been a heel wearer since my teens and love shoes nut mainly joined the site as my current boyfriend has a very keen shoe fetish. Its prob one of the reasons we got together altho I didnt realise at the time. We have been together 3 years though and shoes are a big part of our life LOL. I have 2 kids from first marriage 13 and 11. I am considering fillers in my feet to help cushion the balls and heels when wearing shoes, I have a friend who had it done and she swears by it. I mainly wear 4" - 5" heels day to day but have some fetish style heels that I wear from time to time also. I have over 400 pairs of heels of various styles altho most of them are in storage. 50 or so are in my wardrobe. I am also an avid collector of Vintage shoes from the 70's and 80's so anyone who is looking to sell these styles please contact me. Thanks I was wondering if anyone else suffers from this problem. In the past maybe 2 or 3 years my feet have shrunk. I was always a size 4 but now I need a 3 or maybe 3 1/2 if I can find that size. a 4 is too big and my heel slips out the back or with sandals my feet slide down them too much. Anyway what seems ti have happened as a result is a burning sensation in the soles of my feet which has never happened before. I have spoken to a chiropodist who told me not to wear heels but wearing flats is even more painful on my back, plus I don't like flats. I am considering a filler in my feet that helps cushion the area. I must admit it only happens from time to time, sometimes I will wear heels all day and have no problems and then after a few hours it will happen and with different shoes same problem. I have one pair of Laboutins that I find most comfy and it happens with them and I have 2 pairs of custom made shoes but they are very high and I dont wear them much but it has happened with them. Does anyone else have a similar problem and did it go away or did they get it fixed.

hello, eve! as far as I know feet do not shrink in fact but it is the position of toes which change due to wearing narrow shoes so that one would need a size smaller shoes especially when those got pointy toe box. this also might be an explanation for your burning feet - due to the other necessary shoesize you eventually walk differently now. you might have to search for a most fitting shoe now and at least reduce high heeling (I understand well that one does not want to give up high heeled shoes). as far as I know it is still barefeet walking which is the best as contra to high heel shoes - not wearing flats! I have no experience and haven´t ever spoke to anybody who had those feet fillers, so I cannot say anything about that. the only point is- if my body has pain it is a sign something is wrong. and to change something by surgery to make it sitll possible instead of searching for reasons, *listening* what your body tells you and evt. changing this would IMO harm more in long time terms than it helps.

Welcome to the forum. About 3 posts in one there so it was difficult to decide whether to move it to the Hellos, Introductions and Goodbyes forum or the Infirmary! lol Well, never mind you're here now!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.