Ankle Strength and Heels...

Jen-Brin

I recently got a pair of 6 inch heeled boots, no platforms. I'm very comfortable with 5 inch heels but this extra inch of heel. Its just throwing me well off. My bf commented that it might be my ankle strength or that it will just take time of me wearing them around the house to adjust. So I'm just curious if there is anything I can do to help strengthen my ankles and calves a bit to help the adjusting go faster...

it might also be just the style of the heel. at that height it matters alot as some manufacturers obviously are aware the most people would not walk that height anyway so they do not even try to make it more walkable (e. g. no padding of the inner sole which would be very uncomfortable for a 4 inch heel as well) so first you might try other 6 inch high heels and may be you will be able to walk them. My experience is that people cope well with 6 inch high heels from italian manufacturers (like elite-heels or fuss-schuhe offer), less well 6 inch high shoes from UK manufacturers, and worst are devious/pleaser. The quite similar look 6 inch high heels by 6inchforever are well walkable for the most again! Note: it is here not about the materials or general quality of the shoe, it is just about the walkabilty of the extreme high heels! And still it is also a personal matter, as every feet is different and those 6 inch IS an extreme heels height. the strength of the legs & feet are very important for walking well that height, but actually the next step after 5 inchers should be 5,5 inches... and yes, that half an inch matters :).

I was the same when Foxyheels introduced me to very high heels shortly after we met I found it hard to even walk a few steps without excessive correction required. For me it was purely down to practice, I have been out in 6'' heels on a night out a couple of times with no problem. So practice makes perfect as they say. :)

Well pata they are Pleaser brand heels. There has to be a way to turn them into walkable heels? Just thought of something, might have to visit a drug store to pick up some of those inserts. Should help a bit to add some extra padding to the sole if that is the difference between the italian & UK makers vs pleaser/devious. I really don't want to go and buy another pair with my next semester looming around the corner. Need all the funds I can keep together for that, its like a giant surprise in a box with a semester of college...:)

if pleaser domina series (which are actually under 6 inch) - it will be simple question of training. padding - I mean something like that http://www.fuss-schuhe.de/hhfc/bama/bama.htm is reasonable anyway if you wear high heels often.

if your boots are pleaser devious scream heels (steel heeled)- then I am afraid neither padding nor usage will help as those shoes are made too anti-ergonomic for the most normal human feet. alot of 7 inch high heels are easier to walk than those... still they are enjoyable and a nice look which counts too, right?